How do I deal with long distance and no physical touch?

I love my boyfriend I do. But it hurts so much not being able to hug him. Being able to be in his arms and kissing him. All I want is to feel his presence how do others deal with this.

Most Helpful Guy

• I live in Mexico. My girlfriend lives in Europe. We have been together for half a year and haven't even had the privilege to meet in person. I've never held her in my arms, kissed her, cuddled with her, taken her out somewhere for dinner, had a movie night or even tell her that I love her face to face.

Here's the hard, cold truth: you just deal with it. Take advantage of the time you spend texting and video chatting, because it's what'll help keep your love alive, even if it's hard sometimes.

It's all you can do. Remember that you see him in your future, that you WANT that future. In the end, the wait will be all worth it.

• yeah, its four months and also haven't met but it was okay for a while but then my roommate and her boyfriend are here a lot and it hurts like hell seeing them especially since they argue 24/7 like appreciate what you have or break up. I don't know the distance between us makes me envy all couples around me.

What Guys Said 6

• People with loved ones in the military go through this all the time

• yes, i know but i want to know if there is something that helps...

• They rely and get support from each other when their loved one's are away

• Think of it this way; there is absolutely nothing stopping you dropping him cold right now for good. No one would even have to know he existed.

If, despite this, you wish to stay with him, then let that fact alone motivate you to keep going.

It's that simple.

• Like they say distance makes the heart grow fonder.

• i agree but that gets more caught in it

• if we were older i would. but we are 19 and 20. we are both still in school and i dont think its fair that he has to pick up his life and leave. I don't know im just in a pickle lol

• Ino but that's were you compromise you can't have it all in life you have to come to decisions based on your priority and I don't think he treats you as a priority in that case he simply isn't that crazy for you so you have to end it

• see this is why these things don't work out

• uhm, there are many people it actually does work out for. and i know that when we do get together it will be well worth it but..

• You don't have a dog? Your dog would love you much more!

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• Its hard. So fcking hard.. But i think you just have to have faith. It makes it difficult to control your emotions when you dont have that.. Its seriously screws with your mind. But i think if you remind yourself why you love him. All his little corks🙃.. or your perceptions of them at least.. Then you can find a way to deal. Its hard though. No question about that..

• Video chatting helps me a lot.

• we normally do every night but he has been busy and its killing me.

• Yeah, don't..

• You just deal with it. You have to get used to. It is what it is.

• Hey there, before i start to tell you my opininon, I just wanna tell you that I will give insight of my relationship a little bit and apparently (after reading/hearing opinions which were given by girls anywhere it could be, i realize that...) this is a pattern that women always do when giving opinion because they want you to know that YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE who has experienced this and to give you comfort.

I have been in a ldr and tomorrow itll be 1,8 months. I visited him once last year. I get how you feel, and even sometimes we or one of us get too comfortable in the distance and in some times, im the one who feel the missing is soooo unbearable. I know you might think that he doesn't miss you as much as you do to him. Believe me, your boyfriend is missing you too. But he is a guy and his mind doesn't work like how ours do. We can think about our boyfriend and the relationship all the time. Because that's our nature.

Just tell him you miss him, but don't make it always seem that you are so sad, because it will make it seem like he isn't making you happy. Try distract yourself with some other stuff you like BUT keep him updated! He loves it eventhough he doesn't say it. Just try to distract yourself with your hobbies and you can try to make something and send it to him.

• i meant 18 months* by the way