Why would you date someone who wasn't your usual preference?

Ie. You usually hate smokers - you're now dating one. You like long hair - he/she has short hair

why would you do this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some things just aren't that big a deal. Some things might work on that particular person, sometimes imperfections become a good thing because it's just how you recognize a person.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its simply attraction, sometimes you think you have a preference, but its not like that.;... it just happens and you think wow... His not my type but I like him... Go with the flow and hope for the best.

What Guys Said 9

• Because I like her personality more than her aprearance but still it never usually works out.

• I'm very binary, probably more than your typical guy. She is soo either my type or not.

• The only reason I can see is if she's a very special person for me.

• I don't I might but it's highly unlikely.

• Yeah I always get drawn to ladies who aren't usually me type anyways

• I have done this but because I love a girl who loves to suck cock. Some times, the girl who is a good sucker is NOT your normal preference, depends what you want from a girl.

• Well sure I guess I usually don't date younger but I'd make an exception 🙂

• To give them a chance? the person.

• Just for fun

What Girls Said 12

• First, smokers would never be on any list of anyone I allowed into my world. Secondly, we all have that list of what we feel is perfection and sometimes its not realistic or the guys on that list, seeing as how its the same list for all of them, are consistently jerks or not worthy of us, so when we go off the reservation for something new, we get surprised sometimes. While you had the blinders on for numbers 1-10, here comes number 11 and he's great, he treats us way better than list 1-10, and you don't want to admit it, but maybe the list was wrong and here is exhibit A.

• My dating preference is a Virgin guy, but I loved a non virgin guy.
    Physically... I don't know tbh, so far my friends have noticed that all my crushes (big crushes) look the same... It's safe to say that no I would rather not date someone who's not my preference... But never say never!

• I have lol!

• I only would date someone under these circumstances if he treated me so well, to the point I would ignore he wasn't my preference.

• Some people settle when they think they can't do better. Some people are willing to overlook certain things if the person excels in other things (great personality, great looks).

• Its not only about attractiveness, there is so much more to a person rather than their physical appearance

• Absolutely, "the list" or my preferences are a guide line, I'm open for compromise.

• I wouldn't and don't.

• other than smoking or drugs if i fall for someone i fall for them

• Personality sweeps you away

• I'm drawn to Asian guys with short hair but I've become REALLY attracted to Asians with long hair that wears it in a manbun. 😚

• yes because if it isn't working out with people you usually go for then time to switch it up because maybe that type isn't good for you