Going on dates just to distarct yourself from emotional hurt?

what is your opinion about meeting people from dating apps just to pass the time and not feeling so lonely?

Right now i need to distract myself from some emotional "pain" im having from someone i care about. This person is someone i have been depedant emotionally for a while suddenly has no interest in my life, and i need to distract myself from that right now. and no, its not a guy or an ex

Even if i not really that into the guy (even though its hard to know from only talking online) is it bad if i go on dates with him? Normally i always into things that will land me a date, but right now i just need to put my attention elsewhere. Not sure if thats the best idea lol, so whats your view on that?

Most Helpful Guy

• You'd be misleading them and giving them false hope. It's doubly despicable if you have him pay for you, which would amount to you using him emotionally and financially. It'd be shitty if someone did that to you and it's just as shitty to do it to him.

• To further clarify, people generally go on dates with people expecting the date to develop into something and although most guys don't like paying for the entire date they do so because girls demand it and as such it is the cost of progressing further. A guy is not going to have any interest in paying for you if you're just using him to waste time with no intention of any sort of progression. In fact I'm not sure I'd want to go on a date with a girl at all if I was just a meaningless distraction, even if she paid for the whole thing. Link wtf is the point of that. Men have feelings, we work hard for our money and there's only so many hours in the day so explain to me why we would like to waste them on someone who doesn't give a shit.

Anyways, I could go on but I won't. I'll just say that only a shitty person would mislead someone like that just because they're so pathetic that they can't live without the attention.

• I know what first dates are for, but sometimes the chemistry isn't there so there won't be a second date. But im open for anything. And yes, ofc im going to be honest and tell them what im looking for

• It's true that if the chemistry isn't there, there won't be a second date but that's not quite the same thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• No I wouldn't! If I ever went on a date I would probably look mad and angry!

What Guys Said 4

• do what you gotta do, just don't lead the other person on too hard if you know you're not going to take it any further than just a fun night out.

• i understand! to be honest anyone non awful or hideous would do it atm lol

• well i have never been in a relatonship and I have always wanted one, but everytime i do actually meet a guy i like and that likes me back i freak out a little.. so im probarly not ready for it, despite what i like to belive

• hmm I see, well perhaps dating around just for fun will open up some new perspective

• I don't think that those relationships that you start while feeling that way will work out. It is also somewhat of a dangerous practice because you never know exactly who your meeting.

• Same could say about guys you meet on the street.. as long as the meeting are in public places I dont see the huge danger

• True however I doubt that any of them will turn into meaningfull relationships while your feeling that way.

• In this process u will hurt the guy ur passing time...
    and mark my words.. you're going to go back to ur ex or watever and u will leave this guy...
    dont play with this guy's emotions... 90% of the time , the girls eventually go back to their ex.

• I dont have an ex so its physcially impossible for me to go back to any ex

• U will eventually go bac to the older guy
      It always ends like this

• just be honest that you're only looking for a distraction otherwise yeah you're a bad person

• Bad person for going out with people once?

• private message me so i can block you dude

• how about no?

What Girls Said 2

• If you've clarified it's casual

• I'm not sure I would meet random people off the net but getting out and meeting new people as a distraction is a great idea and maybe you'll meet some one special & have a healthy relationship !!!