How can I get my boyfriend to do more thoughtful things for me without making him feel bad for not doing it already?

I would like my boyfriend to do more thoughtful things for me to make me feel special. Now before everyone accuses me of being a princess or a gold digger I don't mean things that are expensive necessarily but for example lately find I always need to come up with our plans. I also find he can go a day or two without texting as much. It would be nice for him to text me and ask me how my day was more often or say cute things. He does make me feel loved in a lot of ways but I think I just need a bit of reassurance. How can I ask him this or hint it without insulting him?

Most Helpful Guy

• "I'm feeling a little insecure and I'd really like it if you could reassure me a little more often"

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him that you'd appreciate if he did more thoughtful things, then be sure to give examples. Add that you'd love if he could do that because you otherwise sometimes feel a bit sidelined.
    (He shouldn't feel insulted as long as you keep it as a a suggestion versus starting with telling him that you hate how much he lacks initiative, etc..)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Just tell him that you do appreciate him however you hate having to plan everything and that you would like to hear from him more often because he's on your mind.

• "I've been reminiscing a bit lately, and I really miss the little things you used to do for me when we started dating-like asking how my day was. Those things always made me so loved and happy. I wish we could go back to that a little bit."