Girls, how often do you want your guy to call you?

Alright ladies, here's a fun one.

How often do you want your guys calling you? I've had girls who specifically asked me to call them every day or others say any more than once every 3+ days is clingy. So what do you think and why? I've also had girls who would tell me once a day and then saying I was calling too often (what they asked) or girls who said once every few days and got upset that I didn't call them enough (once every 3 days or so). Any idea on why that is?

This question has a poll!

Ok, maybe I should have been more specific. How many times do you want him calling you if he doesn't text, or doesn't have it, and doesn't see you more than 2 times a week or just on weekends?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• It depends, some girls are clingy, some are independent.

Personally, if I'm only gonna see him on the weekends, then once a week would be good enough. If he wants to talk/has something he wants to talk about that's great. If not, then you shouldn't feel obligated to call. That's ridiculous. Besides, if it was a real booming relationship, then I'm sure either party will call each other without having it be an obligation.

If you're planning to meet them or there's something important going on then a call would be nice.

But since when is it that calling each other were obligations. If you're too busy or whatnot, then don't call I say. But it wouldn't get to the point of guys trying to figure out how often to call a girl because it should be out of your own will and that goes for each party.

PLUS girls need to stop being so damn controlling and clingy.

• That was funny - lol!

• Yes, but if a woman has to nag her significant other for this, why is there even a relationship to begin with. My point is it always ends up the woman nagging or complaining about a guy. If the guy doesn't even feel the need to call or whatnot, why are they in a relationship.

Plus, some people prefer more independent styles of relationships.

• I don't agree that girls are considered clingy or controlling if they enjoy hearing from their man at least once a day. Communication is very imp in a relationship. Keeping each other updated on what happened during the day, etc, is only a small part on getting to know each other, and growing as a couple.

What Girls Said 30

• It depends on the guy for me, what he's talking about, and when he calls.

My last boyfriend called me everyday (multiple times a day) and I nearly went insane. I couldn't stand recieving that many texts/calls. Why? Because he never had anything new to talk about and wouldn't leave me alone. I was really busy and he knew it yet kept calling and interrupting.

My current boyfriend texts me everyday and I love it. He does it during a time he knows I am not busy. He asks how my day went, tells me about his, and asks if I am busy. It's very refreshing and if we run out of stuff to talk (regarding life) about he'll tell about a film or such. In other words, he's considerate about it.

• At least once or twice a day a day. But of course we never get what we want. :o)

• once a day is enough.just to know if he is okay or no.& one text before I go to bed.just to be sweet & have a smile in my face before I close my eyes.

• I want to have some form of communication with my guy at least once a day. Whether its a text or something else, just seeing him. I at least want him to call me like every other day.

• I like to be able to speak to my boyfriend (via whatever is convenient) once a day. Just enough to know that he's at least thinking about me, it can even be a quick text "hey", I just want to know that he still cares.

• a call once a day would be good :)

• he if text me often then he doesn't have to call but maybe every other to every 3days. That seems reasonable?

• In my personal view,I'm one of those people who are annoyed by calls and constant texts. So ask how much they like contacting right away so you don't mess up! :]

• Haha, I do, I'm just curious what females think in general.

• I want my boyfriend to call me at least once a day. Even if it's just for 5 mins to say they're thinking about me or just to say good night.

I've been in a long distance relationship before and I really pushed the call once a day. Specially if we never saw each other. lol. For some people, it really does depend on how often they want to talk or personal option.

• well any realtionship I've had the fella has always texted me everyday or rung me but id be happy with every 2-3days if we see each other often but if we didn't then I would want him to text me at least everyday

• Okay. seriously, I would prefer a guy call me once every day (and no more) or once every other day. Now if I didn't see him everyday, I would want the first option. But more than once a day is just clingy. Once every 3+ days is saying you're not interested, and we wouldn't want that, now would we?

• at the moment my guy is calling me once a day for maybe 2 hours. but I guess its only that often and that long because we don't live in the same country so we couldn't be together during the day.

when we would live in the same country I guess every 2-3 days would be enough

• everyday if he doesn't text you or see you much, its nice to hear from him

• Hmmm a call in the evening? ^_^

• We should talk once a day or at least every 2/3 days. I don't like being attached at the hip, I like to do my own thing sometimes, but at least talk to me!

• I love to talk to whoever I'm dating but, if I know guys they will get annoyed if their girl is too clingy.

I know this because I learned it the hard way. I just want him to text at least before bed and the occasional phone call to say goodnight in a more personal way than just a plan old text.

• I want to talk to him every day or every 2 days depending on if I've seen him or not but communication is key to a good relationship my ex never called he would say he call Monday and call wed you just don't do that any way so if a girl says a couple of days go in between

• I talk to my boyfriend daily and see him at least every other day :) My family makes fun of us, saying we're attached at the hip. He texts me throughout the day (while he's at school) and calls me after school. We never seem to run out of things to talk about.

• My boyfriend texts me every morning and calls me everyday on his lunch break and when he gets off work! And not because I asked him to, he started doing that all by himself! But now I kind of expect it! I feel like if he doesn't call/text me something must be wrong! We also see each other every night (with the occasional day apart)! Which is all kind of new to me because I have always been a very independent person! But with him it is different! I love being with him!

But I think age has a lot to do with it! I am almost 24 and he is 31! We are both mature and want a serious relationship. For younger people (16-22), generally, the type of relationship they want is very different. High school girls tend to be more clingy. And college kids want someone they can call their boyfriend/girlfriend, but still want all the freedom of being single! They are not thinking about the future and marriage, they are thinking about what is happening right then!

• Call her once a day. After she gets off work or before she goes to bed. Letting her vent on you or talk about her day, will bring her closer to you, mentally and emotionally.

Girls like to talk, especially about their day. Luckily you can be there to fulfill that need:)

If however, she sounds annoyed, and when you ask her what's wrong, she sounds like she doesn't want to talk to you, then lessen your calls. Like maybe once in 2 or 3 days.

Calling once a day will not make you seem clingy. especially if you don't text and see each other much. :)

• Haha, lol. Okay. If he doesn't text and I didn't get to see him more than 2 times a week or just on weekends, then I'd still probably prefer once or twice a week, wouldn't really like being called up more than three times anyway. It keeps things more special, makes it better when I see him, plus I'm not the biggest phone person, I just prefer talking to people in person rather than to a disembodied voice in my ear :)

• I prefer my guy to call me once or twice a week. And I can survive if I'm not called at all :) One, because we get to see each other during the week so we have other chances to talk and two, because he sends me so many text messages there isn't much point in having a convo over the phone at the end of the day, lol.

• He calls or texts me almost everyday, but on thursdays, it just so happens that we're both busy from day to night, so we never get the chance to talk or text at all (I know it's weird, we didn't plan it or whatever).

I prefer him calling me like every other day. so on the days he doesn't call me, it makes me miss him more. And I guess it works both ways. ;) He texts me more often, which is fine to do everyday, you know, just to check up on each other. But we try our best not to be clingy; we don't want to bore each other out. :)

• After the updated question: MY ANSWER STAYS THE SAME :D With or without text messaging, I still want him to call me every other day. :)

• I guess that would depend on how serious we were in the relationship. If we were just dating casually I'd like to hear from him twice a week or so. If we were dating seriously I'd think it would be more like 3 to 5 times a week.

I have a friend who's husband calls her 3, 4, 5, times a day now that would drive me around the bend, I'd ditch someone who was that clingy, it would make me feel like he did not trust me. It makes me think he does not trust her, while she thinks it's so sweet. So I guess it just depends on the girl, some like me, would be smothered by that kind of devotion and others would feel wanted loved and appreciated.

• it depends on how often you see that person.

But now a days, we email and text. so there wouldn't be much to talk about if you text all day and then talk on the phone.

But sticking to your question, id say , if you don't see that person a lot, then once a day is enough. At least call at the end of the day to see how she is doing. that is definitely not clingy.

Calling once in 3 days is ok, if you are just "starting" off with the person. it keeps them missing you and thinking about u.

• Depends on how often you see them in your regular day.

If you don't see them at all or very little then I'd say about every day to every other day.

If you do see them quite a bit then a few times a week is fine.

• once every 2-3 days is a pretty safe. not too long and not too soon. I know guys like their space and don't want to be bothered by constant telephone calls or txt msgs of a girl saying how much she misses you, etc. also it'd get annoying especially if your cell phone's blasting off during working hours.

i was with a guy who actually didn't really call all that much. I had to do all the initiating and it's not like I'd call him everyday. usually 3 or 4 days in between. what bothered me was that in a week we'd only talk for about 10-15 mins. is that even normal for someone you've been going steady for about 9 months? just wondering.

• Something I've found for myself is that if I'm wanting to call my girlfriend every day, I don't really have all that much to say, so I wait until I have something to talk about - in order to make it more interesting. She calls me all the time to tell me a bunch of stuff and I just listen because I love her and want her to feel loved. Sometimes, I just call her if I think she needs to know that I love her, and I just say, "I just called to tell you that I love you," and that's it.

• I like my guy to call me at least once or twice a day, just cause I would like to talk to him alot.

• Well first of all girls are crazy and if there telling you to call every once in a while its not some thing that's going to last. Communicating is key in a relationship that's going to last.

• When I like a guy I want to talk to them all the time, I know it may seem clingy but just hearing the voice of someone you love gives me butterflies and a smile on my face. It also shows he is thinking about me which makes me smile too :)

What Guys Said 4

• ok, I'm a dude with a life whos seeing a girl. I hit her once or twice a week to talk, and definitely least twice to make plans to go out like once a week. other than that, wth do we really have to talk about every single day... lol I mean really? it'd leave us with nothin to talk about on a date.

• I'm not a girl, but I would say at least once a day.

• I want to talk with my lady all of the time.

• I call every 2-3 days. I am not a big talker, especially on the phone. I hate it. I strain to call every 2-3 and I'm wicked boring on the phone. Phone calls for me are to make plans and check up on things. I'm much more personable.