Girls, how often do you want your guy to call you?

Alright ladies, here's a fun one.

How often do you want your guys calling you? I've had girls who specifically asked me to call them every day or others say any more than once every 3+ days is clingy. So what do you think and why? I've also had girls who would tell me once a day and then saying I was calling too often (what they asked) or girls who said once every few days and got upset that I didn't call them enough (once every 3 days or so). Any idea on why that is?

• One or more times a day.
  • Once every 2-3 days.
  • Once every 4-5 days.
  • Once every 6 days.
  • Once every 7or more days.
Ok, maybe I should have been more specific. How many times do you want him calling you if he doesn't text, or doesn't have it, and doesn't see you more than 2 times a week or just on weekends?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends, some girls are clingy, some are independent.

Personally, if I'm only gonna see him on the weekends, then once a week would be good enough. If he wants to talk/has something he wants to talk about that's great. If not, then you shouldn't feel obligated to call. That's ridiculous. Besides, if it was a real booming relationship, then I'm sure either party will call each other without having it be an obligation.

If you're planning to meet them or there's something important going on then a call would be nice.

But since when is it that calling each other were obligations. If you're too busy or whatnot, then don't call I say. But it wouldn't get to the point of guys trying to figure out how often to call a girl because it should be out of your own will and that goes for each party.

PLUS girls need to stop being so damn controlling and clingy.

• I don't agree that girls are considered clingy or controlling if they enjoy hearing from their man at least once a day. Communication is very imp in a relationship. Keeping each other updated on what happened during the day, etc, is only a small part on getting to know each other, and growing as a couple.

• Yes, but if a woman has to nag her significant other for this, why is there even a relationship to begin with. My point is it always ends up the woman nagging or complaining about a guy. If the guy doesn't even feel the need to call or whatnot, why are they in a relationship.

Plus, some people prefer more independent styles of relationships.

• That was funny - lol!

GAG Video of the Day

GirlsAskGuys on the streets of Chicago!

What Girls Said 31

• Call her once a day. After she gets off work or before she goes to bed. Letting her vent on you or talk about her day, will bring her closer to you, mentally and emotionally.

Girls like to talk, especially about their day. Luckily you can be there to fulfill that need:)

If however, she sounds annoyed, and when you ask her what's wrong, she sounds like she doesn't want to talk to you, then lessen your calls. Like maybe once in 2 or 3 days.

Calling once a day will not make you seem clingy. especially if you don't text and see each other much. :)

• it depends on how often you see that person.

But now a days, we email and text. so there wouldn't be much to talk about if you text all day and then talk on the phone.

But sticking to your question, id say , if you don't see that person a lot, then once a day is enough. At least call at the end of the day to see how she is doing. that is definitely not clingy.

Calling once in 3 days is ok, if you are just "starting" off with the person. it keeps them missing you and thinking about u.

• once every 2-3 days is a pretty safe. not too long and not too soon. I know guys like their space and don't want to be bothered by constant telephone calls or txt msgs of a girl saying how much she misses you, etc. also it'd get annoying especially if your cell phone's blasting off during working hours.

i was with a guy who actually didn't really call all that much. I had to do all the initiating and it's not like I'd call him everyday. usually 3 or 4 days in between. what bothered me was that in a week we'd only talk for about 10-15 mins. is that even normal for someone you've been going steady for about 9 months? just wondering.

• Something I've found for myself is that if I'm wanting to call my girlfriend every day, I don't really have all that much to say, so I wait until I have something to talk about - in order to make it more interesting. She calls me all the time to tell me a bunch of stuff and I just listen because I love her and want her to feel loved. Sometimes, I just call her if I think she needs to know that I love her, and I just say, "I just called to tell you that I love you," and that's it.

• Haha, lol. Okay. If he doesn't text and I didn't get to see him more than 2 times a week or just on weekends, then I'd still probably prefer once or twice a week, wouldn't really like being called up more than three times anyway. It keeps things more special, makes it better when I see him, plus I'm not the biggest phone person, I just prefer talking to people in person rather than to a disembodied voice in my ear :)

• I prefer my guy to call me once or twice a week. And I can survive if I'm not called at all :) One, because we get to see each other during the week so we have other chances to talk and two, because he sends me so many text messages there isn't much point in having a convo over the phone at the end of the day, lol.

More from Girls
26

What Guys Said 4

• I want to talk with my lady all of the time.

• ok, I'm a dude with a life whos seeing a girl. I hit her once or twice a week to talk, and definitely least twice to make plans to go out like once a week. other than that, wth do we really have to talk about every single day... lol I mean really? it'd leave us with nothin to talk about on a date.

• I'm not a girl, but I would say at least once a day.

• I call every 2-3 days. I am not a big talker, especially on the phone. I hate it. I strain to call every 2-3 and I'm wicked boring on the phone. Phone calls for me are to make plans and check up on things. I'm much more personable.