Just getting out of a serious relationship what should I say to a guy if he asks me on a date and I'm not sure I'm ready?

I just ended my relationship of 6 years. I called off the engagement because I couldn't deal with his lazyness. Since then a guy asked for my # and I think he's gonna ask me on a date and I'm not sure if I'm ready. Should I just go out for dinner or something with him if he asks or should I tell him my situation? Also how much info is okay to give without scaring a guy if he happens to ask about my last relationship? Thanks guys

What Guys Said 2

• I think you should be open about your situation and instead of a date just hang out

• Well frankly for guys who actually respect a woman answer if a guy doesn't get anything other than a solid yes they interpret it as a hard no and move on. You can let him know you aren't ready for another relationship but don't expect him to wait. He may be a nice guy but you just met him at the wrong time.

• Okay thanks. Not sure if it is 100% the wrong time though cause for me I've already been through the grieving process of the relationship. But everyone is telling me wait wait wait which I know I shouldn't jump into anything but I also don't want to say no to casual dinner or coffee dates so I don't know just play it out I guess

• Don't let others tell you when it's time to wait and time to date. Only you will know that answer. People move at different paces.

What Girls Said 1

• You shouldn't go to dinner with him. Just tell him that you just got out of a serious relationship and you do not feel ready to date yet.