Seeing the person you're dating online in real life. Help?

I've been talking to my guy friend online ever since my ex and I broke up. He initiated the contact with me and we have been flirting the whole time pretty much... It's about a year now. I never was sure about how serious he felt about me, but recently he has been showing more affection and we have plans to see eachother soon. It will be my first time seeing him in person since we started flirting and I don't know him that well. We talk about sex and intimate stuff online but we haven't spent much time together in person so I don't know how to act/at what pace to take things with him. Anyone have advice on this/meeting someone you're talking to or dating online in real life?

Most Helpful Girl

• To be honest, take that full year of talking and sorta toss it out the window. Of course you can keep in mind those conversations you've had, but in online dating never get attached until you've met in person several times.

Treat this sorta like a blind date where your friend gave you some back up knowledge on the guy.

And don't be surprised if there isn't as much of an attraction as you thought. Yes, the attraction may still be there, but often it isn't or isn't as strong.

What Guys Said 5

• It's fine. Just relax and take it slowly, you already know him, it's just that you are meeting him in person.

• "We haven't spent much time together in person..." - so have you seen him in person or not? Elsewhere you seem to say this will be the first time, which would indicate you have spent NO time together in person.

• We have met before, but didn't get to know eachother well in person. We were distant acquaintances and became friends after I got out of a relationship... But have only been talking online since then. That being said, it will be my first time seeing him since I became single/he started to flirt with me.

• OK; I wasn't sure if you even knew what he really looked like. Well, this will be different, but at least you know more about him than most people meeting an online date for the first time.

• just stay calm infront of him and talk about anything that comes in your mind, im sure he's a talkative person and he'll talk and ask questions more. so you dont have to worry

• Just be chill

• First of all be ready to meet completely different person you're imagining of

What Girls Said 1