Ladies, would you date a guy who has kids?

Ladies, if you met a guy you had interest in, would you still date him if you found out he had kids?

• Yes
    35% (14)
  • No
    65% (26)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll
I respect every woman's opinion. But for those saying they wouldn't touch a man who had kids.. imagine you being a single mom and every guy saying the same things about you... I see some women don't care, some women would and some women wouldn't. Say his ex isn't a crazy bitch and only talks to him when it comes to the kids. They don't fight are argue, she doesn't torment him, she leaves him alone unless it's something he needs to know about the kids.. other than that she goes about her life?

27

Most Helpful Girl

• If I really liked him, yeah. But I wouldn't even want to meet his kid until I was confident I'd be around for a while. I would hate to confuse his child.

• That has to be the most respectable and understanding opinion I've seen hear yet. thank you

What Girls Said 26

• It depends on the situation. My ex had a kid from his first marriage, and I'm a bit more savvy on what to look for than I was the first time around.

My things to look at include:
    -age of the kids
    -level of conflict with the ex
    -and if he was the one who left or got left

And I'm sure there may be other things I look at

• Not at my age! My education is my baby right now lol
    After I got out of uni I'd be more open to it though definitely.

• Yes and no. Right now, no, because Im 18 and nowhere near ready to have kids. Besides all guys who do have them are too old for me.

If I was ready to have kids, I'd be willing take a guy who already had them.

• Currently no. I'm not ready to be a mother yet, let alone a stepmother.

• I'll be honest, it depends. Depending on a girl's age, she might not be ready for that type of commitment. It also depends on the guy. If you are 30 and have a couple kids, that fine. However, if you are 21 and have 3 kids, it gives off the impression that you sleep around and that might shove some girls away.

• What if he's is his late 20's earlier 30's and three kids with the same woman and only with that same woman?

• That doesn't sound so bad. Now like I said, it may be a no for some girls altogether, but I'm pretty sure some mature women probably wouldn't mind the kids if she adores the guy.

• Maybe not right now. I don't want my own kids right now, nevermind having to deal with someone else's. But in a few years, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

• I am in no way prepared to be anyone's stepmother. Hard pass.

• Yes providing he spent time with his children they should be his priority
    Depending the situation with the ex

• Sure. I don't see why having kids should limited the dating pool.

• No sir!

• Not at this point in my life. I love kids and want my own one day, but I don't want an instant family. And kids means his ex is very likely still in the picture. I don't want to be roped into any baby mama drama.

• no, I wouldn't. If I were older perhaps but I really wouldn't want to be some sort of stepmother.
    I have a friend who has been with a man for three years and he has a son so I now some women wouldn't ming but it's definitely not helping.

• I would I like kids it would not bother me at all

• I wouldn't just because I'm not ready for them yet.

• no. never.

and if ever I ended up a single mother at most I'd find a trustworthy single father to have as a friends with benefits, nothing more. he would never be anywhere near my kids, nor I his.

• No. I don't want kids of my own so the last thing I want is an insta-family. Fuck that noise.

• Well imagine you were a single mom someday... would you wants guys to say that about you? "I don't want kids so I'm not dating a woman with kids... fuck that noise." How would you feel? Js

• You say that now, but if it were to ever happen I'm sure you'd feel different when you start getting lonely. You don't know what the future holds. Many people think they wouldn't be something and end up wrong.

• Nah dude. No babies for me. There are so many ways to prevent it, and I don't want them. So yeah.

Regardless, it's not about whether it's "fair" or not for the poor lonely single parent. It's about what I want for my life and I have every right to choose that for myself and it doesn't make me a bad person because I won't date a single dad. Everyone makes their choices and those choices have consequences - that person chose to become a parent knowing full well the possibility that they'd be a single parent and what that means. They made the choice that is right for them. I make the choices that are right for me. No one's a bad guy here...

• At this point no.
    If I was 30 then maybe it'd be a different story

• No, I wouldn't date a guy with kids. I don't even want kids of my own, let alone someone else's kids.

• Of coarse

• I am way too young to be dating a guy with kids.

• I wouldn't because I don't want to ever have kids so I wouldn't date a man with kids.

• I don't care if he's the most sexiest man on Earth if he has kids I wouldn't go anywhere near him

• Damn with an attitude like that I'm sure the feeling would be mutual..

• I say no, I just don't want to have to worry about his child mother.

Bm drama

• no I wouldn't too much problem. In plus I don't want to see his ex often

• Only if they are out of school

• Like guys have been saying all the fucking time... I won't be entering someone's saved game.