When a lot of guys want a girl, does it make that girl more or less desirable to a certain guy?

The guy that I'm talking to pointed out that a lot of guys like me. He said something like "Almost every other guy here has a crush on you." And I replied with "Yeah, but I only have a crush on one guy. You." So when a lot of guys want a girl, does that make her more or less desirable to a certain guy?

• Seeing that other guys like her makes her more desirable.
  • Seeing that other guys like her makes her less desirable.
  • Other.

Most Helpful Guy

• I say less desirable. At the very least it comes with negative shit that comes with it that I absolutely do not want to stress over.

But if you're already in a relationship with that girl everyone wants there *could* be an element of satisfaction about it, which is not to say it makes her more desirable. Although that can also some with insecurities so sometimes it could feel kinda good, sometimes rather bad, but it's not *positively* linked to desirability.

I don't want the competition. Contrary to what you might think or have heard, most guys don't like such competition.

I don't want to feel like another random face in a crowd. If I'm finding that a bunch of others are into her then I'm going to experience feelings of aversion and not want to be there; it's a turn off.

I don't want to stress over trying to distinguish myself from the other guys hanging around her, doing shit for her, etc, unless she's actually expressed a strong preference for me over the other chumps.

So yeah, less desirable. Makes me feel discomfort and a I-want-to-be-somewhere-else-now feeling. But saying you have a crush on me would get us around all that, so I think you're off to a good start.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll vote a, but it really varies. If you rub it in their face it will make you less desriable. If the guy is pretty sure you are going to pick him, or that you are seriously considering him over the others, then I've found it makes you more desirable.

(Guys don't like to fail, so if they see overwhelming competition they might not bother. But men are competitive, so "winning" or being chosen by an in demand girl would be a good ego boost)

What Guys Said 24

• it might make him more discouraged because of the competition

• Seeing that other guys likes her makes him uneasy on possibly on guard especially if you talk to any of these other guys, knowing that these other guys like you and you communicate with them, is like having a fall back plan if the guy your with doesn't work out, this is often true and could also cause problems in your relationship, now if guys are platonic friends and would never date you or sleep with you then they can be acceptable, if they get that.

• Tough one, I want to say "No" but I think at a subconscious level it must have an effect on you, the question is how much, probably not a lot - My belief is that a crush is combination of a huge number of things and in high school she could be prom queen or an emo loner but for whatever reason all the factors clicked in your head and you liked that girl. The guy was probably checking out where he stood and your response was perfect, well done.

• I don't see why it would influence the desirability unless you are more interested in fitting in than just be yourself. I know I don't care about fitting in. If she is attractive TO ME, then she is attractive. Whether or not other people think so doesn't change anything.

• it makes no difference to me. I either am interested in her, or I'm not.
    More guys openly liking her makes it less likely I'd act on it, though. Too much competition.

• That is girl reasoning. Girls seem to find it attractive when a guy is wanted. For us guys, we don't give a shit. She stays the same girl.

But it might discourage the guy to pursue her.

• She's just as desirable. I just get worried about the competition.

• It would make things more stressful.

• Makes no difference really but if a lot of guys are after her, I don't have the energy or the desire to compete. I'd move on unless she made it perfectly clear she wanted me. Not interested in any type of games, period.

• depends

people who have a lot of options are more prone to leave your ass when not happy than make things work.

• that's an oxymoron

• Neither. I am interested (or not) in a female on her merits, not on what other men think or want.

• Guys may avoid them

• I'd say neither, though it might increase the pressure for him to make a move.

• To me she becomes less desirable because it's discouraging.

• Makes me jelouse

• Less because you don't want to give the girl the satisfaction of believing she is special.

• It makes absolutely zero difference in how desirable she is

• It can if she is "nice" to them..
    if she jst talks to him he will treasure u :)

• I think it makes her more desirable but I'm less motivated because competition.

• As you stated in your text - you have declared him a winner over you, so he couldn't care less.

Personally, if a girl, that I fancied, had guys swooning over her, and she had not said to me that she had a crush on me, I would distance myself from her and eventually walk out of her life

• Well less desirable, If I barely know a girl and she seems to be hanging out with a guy or guys... she might not know it, but I know all those guys want her... I don't bother chasing a girl like that...

More desirable if she is a close friend, but as you know her well you can't make a move... so you have to accept you won't be with her...

So it is always less desirable...

• If lot of guys are behind her , i feel as if she is a slut

• Voted C. Yeah, it might discourage him.

But guys don't generally find girls more attractive because of social proof, the way many women do with men.

What Girls Said 5

• Desirable; wanted or wished for as being an attractive
    If many guys want her, more people find her desirable or in other words she is more desirable.

• Makes no difference.. If i have feelings for a guy, idc he's popular or a looser.. Because to me he isn't. he's just the guy i love.

• it makes many guys want to fuck her more. but less guys want to have anything serious with her.

• I think jealousy just makes guys go a bit nuts.