Would you date/marry someone if they can't cook?

Would you date or marry someone if you and the other person both can't cook and if you're both too busy to do cleaning, cooking etc because of your careers and stuff. Let's say you both live alone and you never plan on having kids.

Most Helpful Guy

• Learning to cook is an important skill that we all need to know in order to take proper care of ourselves. It has nothing to do with a woman filling some sort of gender role. Everyone should learn how to cook so they can eat well.

If she can't cook at all, it tells me she most likely lives a very unhealthy lifestyle and that we won't be compatible. At your age however, most people don't know how to cook yet, so it isn't likely to be a big deal. If you get to 30 and still don't know how to cook, then that would be a huge red flag. By age 40 it would be taking a huge toll on your health.

• True haha well my parents cook for me and when I do live on my own I do plan on buying/ordering food (healthy ones)

Most Helpful Girl

• I've tried to cook but I can burn water ruin pots and pans and knives that have the blade right through the handles I can snap

• I don't cook haha but same when I've tried to once because my parents weren't home well let's just say it didn't go too well (like you described)

• yes now that i'm married I still don't cook. I did cook for him but he came home once to often asking what slop have we got tonight hon (he was in the forces) so I throw what I was cooking in the sink and said whatever the fuck you are cooking me and walked out

• thanks for MHG

What Guys Said 22

• Yes and I can tech her, it'll be fun. I can cook and bake like a chef if need be, yet I prefer raw foods..

• That's not the lifestyle I want for myself. My time is precious. If I'm working that much all the time and she is as well, we probably also are both exhausted and have trouble scheduling sex. Fuck that. I'd rather have a house wife that can help me unwind and we both have that time together to love on eachother.

• Do they make good money and fuck real good?

• Being busy is no excuse for not knowing how to cook basic things. I don't expect a girl to cook as well as I do... but if her fridge is full of processed and frozen food? I doubt we have compatible lifestyles.

• Well I do plan on having kids. But no cooking is not a deal breaker.

• I never thought about that before but I need a wife that can cook since I can't so no

• If they can't cook, I can. All I need from my girl is a healthy taste for sucking me off. Can't find one that likes that so I end up cooking 4 me. 16 oz. steaks, heavy on the garlic, with mushrooms cooked in butter and fresh vine tomatoes covered in salt, pepper and Hellmanns Mayonnaise seems to work. I also do the Spanish bit, squeeze the juice from a full lemon over the steak. Glass of wine helps too. I live alone and have no kids, does it get better? Yes, if I find my kind of girl.

• Yeah, its not a big deal to me. Im content with eating out, probably tastes better anyways.

• Sure, we can learn together.

• As long as she's wiling to learn how to cook then yes.

• Yes I would, as long as she is willing to learn from me HOW to cook! :)

• Yeah i don't have any problem marrying someone who doesn't know how to cook, i always wanted to learn how to cook and it would be fun if we learn how to cook together.

• Yes I would, I'd have no problem doing most of the cooking.

• Yeah, it's not the 1950s no more

• As long as they fit my requirements

• If you had asked me that when I was in my 20s I would have answered no. But in hindsight I really value my wife's homemaking talents.

• i think i can't marry a person like that.

• they better make lots of money or look amazing with acareer

• I know how to cook well and wouldn't marry a girl that can't cook.

• Well I can cook so it really doesn't matter if my girlfriend couldn't

• nope

• If you really love your partner then yes,(to an extent) and your partner doesn't mind your bad cooking and not so good cleaning

What Girls Said 15

• Hahahah sweetie, if a single, childless adult "doesn't have the time" to fire up some basic sustenance in the kitchen, then... uh, someone's got some seriously fucked-up priorities.
    I mean, if it's my turn to do the kids' food, I can cook an entire WEEK's worth of meals for myself, my husband and all three of my kids -- with precise (within 5%) quantities of calories/fat/carb/protein in mine and my husband's, and with everybody's neatly parceled out into those awesome Snapware glass containers -- in about 75 to 90 minutes, flat. Including the time it takes to clean it all up afterwards.

Granted, I am super #spazgirl, and I Get Shit Done a lot faster than the average human. But, still... this is not a commitment of more than a couple hours a week, max.

Most of the people I know who "don't have time to cook" are, frankly, idiots when it comes to time management. Almost all of them GO TO LUNCH every single weekday -- leave their work, wait in a rush line, come back, we're talking 30-45 minutes wasted, times 5 weekdays -- and then they can't understand where all the time goes. Lol.
    If they'd just brown-bag it, they'd have healthier food, healthier bodies, AND more free time.

__

In any case, to answer yr question:
    I'm a professional fitness competitor, so, tbh, a husband who "likes to cook" in the traditional sense of that phrase -- like, always firing up rich, fattening comfort foods that are "full of love" -- would pretty much be the worst nightmare imaginable.
    Like, I know there are people who get butthurt if you say "no" to their cooking even once... omg, I'd have to be like "sry next diet break isn't for 8 weeks." Aaaahhhhh! Lmfao.

• I can cook and clean, but I'm not looking to be stuck with all the work in a relationship. I've already done that. He doesn't have to be a master chef or ocd, but he needs to be willing to do his fair share...

• Yes I would lol. I can cook and bake so it wouldn't be a prob, I'd even offer them lesson's to learn simple shh that way they don't die of starvation if I'm not around☺😊

• I'm surprised you didn't make cooking or more specifically "eating" into something perverted haha
      You're growing up ;P

• Haha Never mind I spoke too soon xD

• @zorro8888 the offer still stands lolol👅🍆

• Okay, well, I can't cook for shit. My boyfriend can cook and bake and he's fine with me not being able to do any of that. I've lucked out with that. I know that there are a lot of guys who would pass on me just because I can't do any of that stuff.

• I'd prefer them to have basic knowledge but I think I could live with it.

• Of course! lol

• lol of course i would!! besides, ill do all that. i love cooking. itd be great if hed clean up for me tho xD

• sure. I prefer to do most of the cooking anyway.

• Yeah, I like cooking.

• Yeah, i love to cook, i would just do the cooking and maybe teach them a little.

• Yup, he can learn

• If i love him then yes

• No. There's no excuse for anyone to not know the basics.

• if my partner and i work that much, we are better making lots of money. we will just hire a maid.
    why waste time doing domesticated chores.

• yes, cause I'm the girl so i ll cook :)
    but if i was a guy and not able to cook then no