Is religion a deal breaker for you?

Personally as an atheist, it is for me. While I'm open to date deists or those who believe in some universal spirit etc strict religionists or people who take their faith very seriously put me off.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not if my points of view are respected. In other words, nobody should try to convert me or argue with me about what I believe or what I don't believe because arguing about it won't lead us anywhere (I ain't changing my views).

I won't bother any girl about it, so if I'm not bothered about it either, then it's not a deal breaker.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't mind as long as he won't mind that I won't participate in the religion and he doesn't try forcing it on me. I'm content without religion and I'm not about to change that.

What Guys Said 11

• I'm not necessarily religious. I was raised Catholic, then my family convert to Evangelism. I currently don't belong to any religion/organization but I still hold most of my Christian values.

I could easily date an agnostic, and even an atheist depending on her personality. I would definitely date an christian either catholic or evangelic. As for different religions, the only one I probably would be wary of is muslim, and even so, I'd still consider dating a muslim girl if she wasn't really big on it and just haven't been able to abandon her faith (much like my own position).

All in all, as long as the person brings harmony of ideals in the relationship, I don't think I would mind dating them. But I have a minor preference for either christians and agnostics, out of pure bias frankly. I don't judge anyone based on what beliefs they grew up with, but what they do with them later in life and how they act, I suppose.

• I'm an atheist as well, and religion isn't a deal breaker for me. Muslims are an exception though, because marrying a Muslim requires me to convert to Islam. I won't convert to ANY religion, not just Islam.

• id date a non christian whos open as a christian man.

i wouldn't date someone who has strong negative feelings thowards the idea of God. these bitter people i can live without.

i wouldn't date a muslim thats it.

• Nope I prefer religion.

• Lack of religion is obviously a complete deal-breaker for me. Atheist or agnostic is a total and utter no for me.

In all honesty, I'd take a woman of almost any other religion (outside of Baal worship or Mexica religion) over an atheist.

• Most of the times mostly they are someone that thinks sex before marriage is a sin. Also if they are strict. I'm an atheist also.

• nope, as long as it doesn't have a huge impact on our daily life I don't care. I'm an atheist myself

• No, I don't jusge a person based on their imaginary friend.

• Religion in itself isn't a deal-breaker
    It's always the person

• I have a similar outlook as you. I don't mind if they identify as a Christian or whatever. I am just looking for someone with similar values. Likewise I am also an atheist but typically don't bring it up. Lots of girls eventually say something about how they hate atheists not realizing they just insulted me and I immediately know it won't work. Funny thing is most of these same girls sin more often according to their own faith than I do.

Very few people that identify as part of a mainstream religion are open minded enough to be with someone that disagrees with them. I never dated a member of Wicca or similar small religion, but since they could rarely meet up with people from their own religion to date, I would imagine these smaller religions would be more accepting of different views. Problem is my area is so think with Christians that is all I ever meet, and they all seem to think atheists are satanists that hate God.

• Most people believe some kind of weird irrational shit be it religious, philosophical or political. I guess it depend how seriously they take it. I don't single out religion, I couldn't get along with any kind of true believer. If you aren't willing to question your assumptions in the light of evidence we aren't going to get along in an intimate relationship.

What Girls Said 10

• I'm an atheist. It's not a deal breaker for me. As long as we were both able to understand the other believed differently and we were able to not be dicks to each other, it'd be okay.

• Hmm not completely but very close to being a dealbreaker. Maybe I'd give a religious guy a chance if he wasn't too obsessed with his religion, didn't try to push his views down my throat, convert me. But I'd much rather be with a non-religious guy.

• Personally, I wouldn't date an atheist.

• As long as I am not converted!

• Yes it is, because I'm not religious. Therefore, I can't date someone who's religious, otherwise we will have problems.

• I'm agnostic. Not at all. I find religion interesting and one of the classes I'm taking right now has to do with a variety of religious views (Buddism, Christianity, Islam, and Hinduism). If you put aside the phobia and come at them from an unbias standpoint, it's very interesting.

• Yes absolutely.

• Nope.
    Non religion is though. I mean, need him to as religious as me.

• I am religious but i wouldn't mind dating someone who isn't.

• Lack of belief in god is a deal breaker for me