Is number of friends really that important with dating?

Many people have told me that for me a girl to want to date you it is important to have a large number of friends or have a fixed group of friends.

My life is pretty unique: I am part time university student but also a student pilot slowly working his way to commercial flying. Which means that over the next 2/3 years I will need to fly many hours, often alone, in order to build up my hours and flying experience.

I also solo travel a lot which means I am often away from the city where I study. I am often extremely busy.

I am by no means a loner as I find talking to people very easy and talk to many people.

But due to my lifestyle it is simply hard for me to have a fixed group of flying or to have a beer with people every weekend.

Do girls really find this so important when looking for someone to date?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all, i may judge a guy by what sort of friends he associates with, but i wouldn't judge him based on how many friends he had. Even if he had no friends that wouldn't be an issue to me. Besides, the less friends he has , the more time he will have for me haha (JK)

Most Helpful Guy

• Women sometimes value social value in a male, numbers of friends or having a social circle is one factor, yet if you are sociable, have manners, sense of humor etc. You should be OK, maybe you need to fine more women in areas that you already are, going to clubs where there are lots of people or social functions may not be a good place to find a girl.

What Girls Said 2

• Lol, no. I don't think so. I have like 3 friends. I am antisocial asf. I only talk to like 4 people outside of school. My boyfriend and my 3 best friends. I'm so antisocial. Like, he doesn't care.

• not me

What Guys Said 2

• I think girls don't mind if you're doing something interesting like being a pilot or you have travelled solo around the world a lot. But if you are a doing an ordinary 9-5 with no friends then they are definitely put off. The exception is if the girl herself is also doing 9-5 with no friends.

I did the whole travelling thing too and it's an huge huge plus when getting to know girls. It lets them question you for hours and keeps conversation flowing. You should be fine.

• No it is not that important for the woman. however it is kind of important if you want to find one. Most people meet their mates through their freinds.