Is it ok to ask a random girl to prom? How should I ask her as well?

There is this girl in my gym class and we are both seniors. I have talked to her like a few times this year because she was on my volleyball team in gym class. Im pretty sure she knows my name and who I am, so would it be weird to ask her to go to prom like casually? By casual I mean just having fun and not getting intimate. I just want to bring her like I would a friend. Is that ok? How should I go about approaching her? Also I am not sure if she has a date or not so how should I ask her if she does? All answers would be very much appreciated

by the way I asked the girl this Wednesday and she said she is not going to prom she will be on vacation during that weekend. But good news is a found another girl to ask and I got a prom date :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Check and see if she has a boyfriend first but other than that that's really sweet. Look up some techniques or strategies on how to ask a girl to prom. You could probably make a poster board.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just spit it out. Start talking with her like: Hey, what's up? All good? So u know the prom is *whenever it is...* and I'm just wondering if you wanted to go with me? Just as friends of course! *a nice, handsome, not too creepy smile on your face*.

What Girls Said 5

• Go for it. The worst that will happen is that she says no. If you aren't that close don't go super all out when asking her though

• Do you know if she has a boyfriend?

• Yes it is! If you like her enough
    Just make something special
    "Will you go on prom with me?" On a cake
    Or have an airplane have that written

• Strike up a conversation and ask what her plans are for prom.

• I'm going to prom with my best guy friend. It's perfectly fine to go casually with someone. In fact, I believe it's even more fun because there isn't any pressure on you or the girl you ask. I suggest tracking down her best friend and asking if she'd been asked yet first, but otherwise I say go for it. Also, there isn't a need to make a big deal about asking if that isn't comfortable for you. Have fun at prom!

What Guys Said 1

• A random girl? just like that? No it's not suggested you do that.