I need your opinions! What do you guys think?

I need your opinions! What do you guys think? So I've been exchanging messages with this girl for months. Then a few days ago, I decided to ask her out for dinner. First, she said she bought dinner already. Then, I asked if she would be free any other day this week. She then changed her mind and decided that she could save what she got earlier and go to dinner with me. So I picked her up and we went for a drive and had a good time. Lastly, we went for a walk near where she lived where we just asked each other questions. The moment I explained why I took her out today (because I wanted to see if there was a chance between us). She told me that she was seeing someone else and they have been talking but they're not boyfriend/girlfriends yet. So I took it all in and pretended like nothing happened. So the night ended with us giving each other a hug. I was still curious so the next day for confirmation purposes, I texted her asking her that if I asked her to be my girlfriend that night, would she have turned me down. She said yes, but not because she doesn't like me but she had already decided to give the guy she was seeing a chance. In my mind, I'm thinking why would she give me false hope from the start? She could have made an excuse to turn down the invitation to dinner. What do you guys think? Ok, lets say I ask her on a date to dinner for the second time and she says yes. Does that change anything or indicate anything whatsoever?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know why you would want to be going for someone who is dating someone else at the same time? It's really unfair to you and the other guy. If she thought she had a good chance with him she would not have lead you on. No offence but it seems like you're the fallback option. . . but if you do really want to try, there isn;t any problem with asking her out again. Everything happens for a reason right? It just seems like a slap in the face that she'll give you a chance if the other guy drops her.

• Thank you for your opinion!

Most Helpful Guy

• She was just weighing the options , just like guys do. She did think highly enough of you to accept your offer and you both had a good time. If you like this girl don't blow it because you aren't first. You yourself said she already had a guy that was interested in her. Just be patient if you think she is worth waiting for and who knows things may not work out for them. Just don't drift so far off that you don't know when it happens

• Thank you for your opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• the fact that she accepted you the first time means she really was considering you which is great!! But I think you should leave it alone for a bit. If she comes back to you if things with the other guy don't work then there's your shot! But if you pursue too hard you are going to seem almost desperate. Sorry, I couldn't think of a way to put that nicer

• Thank you for your opinion!

• It sounds like she's using you a little to keep her options open, which is totally fair up until a point and I think she reached that point when she agreed to see this other guy. Possibly she is using this guy as an excuse to let you down easy anyway... Either way I'd give up on her unless she makes an effort with you because it needs to be reciprocal in my opinion... Hope that helps!

• Thank you for your opinion!

What Guys Said 1

• Have some respect for yourself. If a girl I like told me like that id give her space and talk to more girls. Imagen introducing her to one of your friends who happens to be a girl. Shed want you even more... its basic mathamatics my friend

• Thank you for your opinion!