I talked to my boyfriend on Sunday after 3 weeks without speaking. It seems like we talked things out, but he hasn't texted or called?

My boyfriend and I are in our late 20's and we dated for 4 years. We didn't talk to each other for 3 weeks after an argument we had. I ended up calling him on Sunday and our problem is communication, which is really my problem now. I told him that I'm going to work on communicating way better and dealing with situations differently when I get mad. He's just frustrated at our relationship and said that he doesn't know if he even wants this relationship anymore or if we should just be friends. Because we've dated each other for 4 years now so we should be passed this stage. He said he's looking at the bigger picture and we shouldn’t be going long periods of time without talking to each other anymore. In the past, we've gone 1 to 2 weeks without talking to each other after our arguments but this hasn't happened in a while. I told him that i'm willing to work on this and at the end of the conversation he said that he would take my word for it. So in my head, we're going to try to work through our problems and we're still together, but he hasn’t tried to get in contact with me since our conversation. I’ve forgiven him in the past for things he caused that we’ve been through (no cheating), but he doesn’t seem to want to do the same for me. I sent him a text before I went to sleep on Monday saying “I love you.. goodnight” and he responded by saying he loves me too, but he didn’t try to get in contact with me at all that day. Yesterday was his mom’s birthday so I didn’t reach out to him cause I knew he would be with his family, and he didn’t call or text me either. I really want to work things out but it doesn’t seem like he wants to. I’m willing to put myself all the way out there. I'm wondering if i should call him today and ask him to go out to eat to talk or just leave him alone? I don't want to call him if he's still feeling distant towards this relationship... thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• You're the one who has trouble communicating with him. So you need to step up your game. That's why he's not contacting you. It's your turn to put effort into talking now. I assume that he'll start initiating conversations too once you've shown that you really want to become better at talking.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Hi !! It will always depend on the gravity of the argument. What I mean if it is something that really bothers him a lot then that could be the reason why he seem distant from you. You are his girlfriend. Go and call him. You have the right cause he is your boyfriend. But I would suggest that it would be much better to talk to him instead of calling him. You have to discuss about the argument and as much as possible find ways in order for things to get better between the two of you. If you said that something then do it. Like what you told him that you are going to work on dealing with situations.