Is Tinder really that bad?

So, I basically gave up around my town. Its so small, and this way I can use it to possibly meet people from different areas in a lazy way haha. I heard its generally a hookup site but how hard is it to find more friends on this site or even dates? I would say I am kind of a cute girl, I finally put more pictures up and they are mostly selfies no body shots...

Most Helpful Girl

• With my experience it's pretty easy to find people who are a bit more serious on tinder. I feel like the stigma around tinder has lifted a bit and now more "normal" people are using it as a dating app, not just a hookup app.
    You just have to choose who you like carefully. Take a look at their profile and what pictures they've chosen. If they're showing off abs and body, they're most likely just looking for a hookup. A normal guy will have more normal pics, no half naked ones. This is the first thing I check. Next, you have to pay attention to how they talk to you once you've matched. If they come on super strong about how hot you are and push to meet up (later in the evening especially), they're just looking for a fuck. If they're taking their time to get to know you, aren't super obvious and annoying with their flirting, they're most likely looking for a real date. Straight up asking them what they're looking for also helps.
    Good luck!

• I appreciate this thank you

• No problem :) and don't be afraid of initiating the conversation. Lots of girls just like every guy they see in order to get more matches and validation. Guys probably get tired of constantly sending out messages to girls who never respond, so they might just want to wait until the girl actually shows that she's not just looking for more matches.

What Guys Said 6

• Tinder isn't bad at all in my opinion. Just another tool to meet people.

The thing is (at least from a guy's perspective) is to not waste time reading profiles. Just mindlessly swipe right (I don't even look at the phone, I just wack the like button) until the swipes run out, wait the 12 hours to replenish them, then rinse and repeat. If he gets matched with someone, THEN read the profile. If u don't dig her profile or her looks, then unmatch.

This sounds very VERY impersonal and douchy, but from a guy's perspective we understand how even very below average looking women become very VERY picky on the internet, so reading profiles with a 1% to match is a total waste of time.

I don't use Tinder everyday, only when I am traveling to a different area outside of where I live. I have been matched with, talked to, met, and dated women I have met on Tinder. Not everyone is trashy; the culture of Tinder is morphing into a dating site from being "just a fuck site".

------

For a gal, you will have the #FirstWorldProblem of having so many matches that you will have to sort through them all. Keep it casual on your profile description. Tinder is casually loose and fun, and not to be taken overly serious.

Online means for dating are ok to use, but in my opinion they should very much be a much lower priority vs meeting people in real life. I only use Tinder at odd hours of the night, or when I'm at work or busy doing something.

• there is hope on it. my friends found decent partners who are looking for a real thing.

• If it's a small town then get your ass out there, he's looking for you. Tinder is a tool and trust me when I say not everyone knows how to use tools.

• I've met plenty of great guys on tinder. Yes, a lot of them are just looking for sex, but just as many are looking for for than that

• It's easy as hell, I don't get wha tpeople complaint about herr

• Tinder sucks, IRL is betteah fam

What Girls Said 3

• You've just got to be clear about what your intentions are right in your profile and at the beginning of any conversations you have.

Before I began dating my boyfriend I used it for about 6 months and I had some success with meeting a couple of decent dudes. Obviously it didn't go anywhere with them and I did end up wading through a lot of horny dudes just trying to bone, but the only two I ever met up in person with were very nice guys and I had fun on those dates. The one we had a nice time but I didn't feel any sexual or romantic attraction. The other I ended up going out with 4 or 5 times and had a great time but he was in media and worked late night so it kind of fizzled out after a while only being able to see one another like once a week on a Saturday or Sunday.

• Great tips! Thank you

• I met my boyfriend on Tinder and he is by far the MOST amazing guy I've ever met and i have never been this happy. You can definitely meet great guys on there. I have no regrets and I'm SO thankful for Tinder <3

• Wow, I'm actually pretty intrigued. Thats great to hear :)

• I just won't dare date a guy on tinder... It sounds like bad news!