Was I right to reject her in the same way?

I approached a girl I was attracted to in my college class. When I asked could I get to know her better her response was a "maybe at the end of the semester, maybe." I took it as a subtle rejection and never bothered her again. Fast forward a few months later. After a Q&A in class today, she approaches me. She wants to talk to me now. I tell her "maybe at the end of the semester, maybe..." In reality, she already turned me down and I completely lost interest in her so I didn't want to talk to her and I have no intentions of seeing her when class ends. Was I right to do this since she already rejected me months earlier?

Most Helpful Girl

• LOL. You can reject her however you want. I think this is great. Girl thinks that you were pining after her all semester.. nahhhh. She'll get over it. And if she doesn't and actually goes after you then you can decide if you still want her or not.

• I honestly don't. I give a woman one chance only and if it isn't a yes, then it's a rejection and I move on.

Most Helpful Guy

• I see nothing wrong with it.

What Girls Said 1

• Meh, if you had no interest you should have been more straightforward about it.

• But she wasn't straightforward with me at the beginning. How am I wrong?

• Maybe you didn't get the hint. After all she did approach you later on.
      And maybe she doesn't want just another guy.

• I gave her another shot. We are going out tonight and studying tommorow.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah you did good, it's kinda funny too.

• Dude rejecting someone who rejected you before is the best feeling in the world especially after losing interest in them. Yeah you did good.