Does everyone get cheated on at least once in their lifetime?

Should i expect that my boyfriend is going to cheat on me? Everyone gets cheated on at least once in their lifetime, right? I'm definitely not anything special, so due to statistics, i'm going to be cheated on, right?

Most Helpful Guy

• if he is one of the good guys he will not cheat. thinking he will and posibley accusing him of it when he isn't can be just as damaging to a relationship as cheating can (i know this from experience). eventually resentment will grow from the lack of trust

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I don't believe so. There are many that do, but not everyone.

What Guys Said 11

• Maybe..
    Statistics... "This river has an an average depth of 3ft", the statistican jumped in it and drowned.

• I'm beginning to believe so BUT
    my perspective is from an affluent, even socially mean background
    and reports from highly attractive friends that include models, world class stewardesses, sexually permissive/curious, heirs to fortunes... et al.
    IF you are talking when dating (as expected)
    and not so much when married (the real definition of cheating = sexual in the old days)

• Every one probably does get cheated on at least once if their life if they have enough partner's. I just think only a certain percentage find out. If you never find out you have not experienced being cheated on even if it did happen.
    Personally I don't think you should proceed like you will be cheated on as you will likely push your guy away

• not me, not yet. but I'm not the norm as I haven't dated as much, usually pick carefullly

• The published survey statistics indicate that each of you has a 60 per cent probability of infidelity.
    If you keep his balls empty, he will have little motivation to stray.

• No, its not about that, its about keeping a common bond between you, and actually giving him some space to be him.

• I hope that's not true :(

• Not necessarily, but everyone can be to some extent.

• most of the people get cheated at least once in their lifetime.

• Yep, pretty much. Don't ever cheat yourself, that way U always keep UR self respect.

• In the western world, yes

What Girls Said 4

• Yes madam!

• whoa, I hope not, but maybe lol

• I've managed to avoid that.

• Cheated in different ways other than when in a relationship if that's what you mean?