Do girl dislike guys who go to university to do computing course?

Well, I can see that girls might see me as some nerd and that's why they might not like me. At least thats what I think it could be, would there be any other reason or am I over-exaggerating with all that "girls hate computer guys"? Would going on a computer course could be a dealbreaker to some girls?

I was meant to write "girls" sorry just noticed it :P

Most Helpful Guy

• Your major might not be the problem. I mean, you have an anime profile picture and you probably like other nerdy stuff so it would not be innaccurate if some girl thought you were nerdy. However, being a nerd is not bad, we're not in the 70's anymore. Most people should not mind as long as you're not obsessed with whatever you like doing (I don't want to assume that you watch too much anime but I feel tempted to do so).

• haha, i thought someone is going to make a statement about my profile picture so no worries XD I could see that coming from miles away. Not obsessed but I just like watching it.

• Anyone who loves the Simpsons and family guy are weirdo's for liking those cartoons too. Pretty sure that would shut most people up about it. :D

• @Mustachekitteh haha fully agreed :)

What Girls Said 12

• Is this really a question? Of course not! I go to tier one university and EVERYONE likes a guy with a brain. Computer guys are just as hot as football players, in their own way. If a girl tells you that she doesn't want you because you like computers than she is shallow and honestly not worth your time.

• Maybe stupid girls. Tech nerds are gonna rule the world.

• Nope I don't see it being a deal breaker.

My boyfriend is going for computer engineering and close to graduating already. I find every project/work he does is amazing and it's made me really want to learn more about coding.

• I like how supportive you are for you boyfriend :3

• hopefully my girlfriend would be soo invested in my hobbies as you are to your boyfriend

• Best to find people that you have a lot of common interest.

• over-exaggerating not a deal break never met a girl say no cuss a guy knows something about computers lol

• Not at all
    But I'm a comp sci major so my opinion might be biased

• Not that I know of

• nah d00d, Im doing computer + math courses myself in uni

• I would like cos you can fix my shit.

• No that's silly. That's a booming career branch.

• What I dislike most is army and business man
    Coz there's a lot of those type of guys!

• Really? I thought that army and business mens are the most manly and attractive to females.

• Army you kill other people what's so attractive about that!
      And business you don't get that much money in the end anyways
      My ex is in the army and really hot and sexy and all but he changed a lot since he got recruited in the army! It's really horrible
      Like he wouldn't be touching a fly and now if he sees a palistenien he has to kill him!
      Not the reason his an ex though
      And his in business it's boring and so difficult...

• Definitely not a deal breaker. I would prefer a smart or nerdy type of guy over a jock type... for me it's all in the conversation. The more you have to talk about the better... and not just superficial things either.

• I like nerds, I like smart people in general because Im 'smart' and feel like an outcast when with less academic company. As long as you have other interests and are socially capable there's nothing wrong with doing a nerdy course. That goed for any studies really.

What Guys Said 1

• They won't dislike you because of your course, they'll dislike you if you're a socially awkward neckbeard.