A 26 year old guy is flirting with my 15 year old girlfriend on instagram, what do I do?

So yeah. A 26 year old guy is making comments like, "If I was with you my eyes would never leave you." To my girlfriend in DM. She's being receptive, saying things like, you're so sweet and aww.

I find this pervy and disgusting but I assume she thinks it's harmless. What can I say to her? If I just say it makes me uncomfortable she'll say I don't trust her to make her own decisions and get upset with me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 25 and have to agree with you that it is dishisting a 26 year old man is interested 15 year old girl. I'm by no means implying that 15 is childish, but there is far too big gap between 15 and 26. Thinking back, if I was 15 and a 26 year old guy was messaging me I would be so flattered that an older guy was interested, but I definitely share your view on this situation. I'm not sure what to suggest really, but I highly doubt that she would leave you for him, as tempting as the fantasy of an older guy might be.

• The thing is, I am an older guy. I'll be 18 in 6 months. I'm not scared she'll leave me, but I think it's just gross she would even be receptive.

• No offence but there's quite a difference between 18 and 26! I think your age gap is ok.

Most Helpful Guy

• First, that sounds illegal to me. Secondly, if she likes it, what does that say about your relationship with her?

What Girls Said 2

• wow lmao tell her he's a lying mf and she's stupid if she believes him 11 years older than her that mf smh

• Honestly, you try calling your s/o stupid and see how that goes.

• That's actually super concerning. I would talk to her about it first and if that doesn't work talk to an adult.

What Guys Said 3

• just wait until it goes into illegal territory, then screenshot for evidence, warn him to back off.

if he doesn't, contact local authorities.

• If she'd get upset when you brought it up to try to talk with her about it, then she's not taking your feelings on it into account, is she? And that's not fair to you.

If my girl did that (and she's had older creeps trying to get at her before), I'd feel the same way you do, and I'd definitely bring it up and make her listen.

• it is harmless. Guys like flattering, girls like being flattered. it's not like they're planning to meet up.
    as for age? she's old enough, developed enough, sexual enough, for YOU to like her, right? If you don't see her as a child, why should anyone else?

• Dude he's 11 years older than her and he's choosing to go out of his way and be very flirtatious to her. That is fucking disgusting. Plus, how do you know it's harmless? He could be attempting to figure out where she's from and a whole lot of other things. Also, we're teenagers. I'm 17 and she's almost 16, how is she "old enough and developed enough sexually" for me? I like her because she's mature enough to match me on a 17 year old level. I see her as a 15 year old teenager who isn't fully mentally developed yet. Like I see myself as a 17 year old teenager who isn't 100% fully developed yet. Any normal 26 year old would see her as that too and not just as "not a child." Are you saying 26 year olds should date and have sex with people 11 years under them because they're not seen as children? That's what it sounds like and that's really messed up, you might want to see someone. If not, you made a pretty dumb point.

• What's "fucking disgusting" is that a 26 year old would take an interest in a 16 year old girls body. I understand for humans it is hard wired into our mind to notice someone we consider attractive. But what is fucking revolting is there are people that lack ant self restraint and have such poor judgement that they can't say, "Hey maybe being interested in a 16 year old girl is wrong and I shouldn't send her multiple messages detailing that I'm interested in her body." Even a quick compliment is one thing. But to private message a stranger and then show a heavy interest in them is weird no matter what. When you include the fact it's a girl who's 11 years younger than you and well out of the legal range, it just makes it that much more disgusting. You see I didn't feel the need to give out the whole conversation because I didn't think dumbasses like you would actually think it's okay. But yeah, he was attempting to get info from her.

• by the way if you think that just knowing what sex is, why you want it and what it does is enough reason to say you're ready for it. You're actually a bigger dumbass than you let on to be. By that logic any 11 year old that knows those things should be given the blessing to go ahead. Anyway, you're welcome to waste your time and reply again, rebuttal what I say, insult me more ETC but I don't care because I'm not gonna read it. Your messed up way of thinking is proof enough your opinion means nothing. So why don't you go do something more productive.