Could you find a reason to live if you could never have sex again?

Just curious what others think if you completely lost your sex drive. How would you live your life knowing you couldn't have a loved one to share your life with ever again? Oh, your allergic to cats and dogs as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• That would be kinda sad... I guess I would stick to my best friends and my hobbies and that's it. That's a big part of what I already do now, anyways, so...
    The sad part comes now: I would probably try to find someone to be in a relationship with. Of course that person would have to be ok with my lack of sexual desire, the ideal would be an asexual person too.
    When I said that it would be sad, it was mostly because I'd probably feel that I don't fit in society and because of my boyfriend "needs". If that person wasn't asexual, I'm sure it would be a bit difficult for me to find someone ok with this. Even if I did, I would feel unhappy because I'd think it wouldn't be fair for them and would feel that I can't give them something that is part of a communal relationship. In that case I wouldn't be 100% happy...
    But hey, there's more in life than that. I'd live my life anyways and do the things I love. Enjoying the life the best I can, just like everyone (asexual or not) tries to do.

What Girls Said 5

• So basically I became asexual and, just to clarify, there was no way to fix that? You know, while reading this I was thinking that there wouldn't be much of a reason for me to live in all honesty because my hormones are a big part of who I am. But then I remembered there's always dogs. AND THEN YOU SAID I'M ALSO ALLERGIC TO DOGS GOD DAMN IT. 😂 There's a way around it though. I'd just get a hypoallergenic dog. But I'm not gonna lie, it would be a VERY sad life. 😢

• Why do people act like this? Your life isn't incomplete without sex. You can still have relationships and do everyday activities. It's not the end of the world.

• Have you ever been with someone and told them you have no desire for sex and they still stuck around?

• Yes he would

• Well personally I don't think that type of relationship is easy to find until you at least hit the age of 40 where you'll run into a few people with deminished sex drives. Once friends get married and start having families it's hard to find to find someone like youself for quite a few years to share most of your time with on a regular basis.

• "How would you live your life knowing you couldn't have a loved one to share your life with ever again?"

You seem to be strangely unaware of the existence of asexuality. People are very much capable of having a loved one without the need for sexual pleasure.

• Are you implying it's easy to sustain a sexless relationship when your young?

• I'm stating the fact that there are people who don't feel sexual desire as a "default setting" and live normal lives.

Lack of sex doesn't prevent them from having romantic relationships.

• Abundance of reasons 😕

• listen to music, eat and sleep

What Guys Said 7

• Hey everyone, check out this this guy. He thinks love and sex are synonymous. Ha!

I would still share my life with someone, probably more that one, and not care about sex, I would pretty much live my life the exact same way minus the copious amounts of sex I have. Probably give more time to art and music.

Sex does not equal love, nor vice versa.

• There's a great chance I'll never have sex in my life but striving for success pushes me. And of course believing in God and doing good deeds. I wanna live my life being productive to the world regardless of having sex or not.

• motorcycles. food. fighting. becoming a political assassin. fucking with people. nice cars. etc etc etc etc.

• When I was in a sexless relationship (which was the closest thing I've experienced) I drank a lot, rode motorcycles and played video games.

• Dude, there are so many reasons to live. Sex is not one of them.

• I would be happy, because I have a small penis, and I fear rejection. I've never had sex, so I wouldn't miss it.

• It wouldn't make any difference to me, I'm a virgin in my late 30s :(