If you like someone you shouldn't wait for signs that they like you back and just go for it. Agree or disagree?

So i watched a YouTube video of this 'dating coach' and his first tips to guys is to not being that dude who keeps looking for constant signs a girl likes you and just go for it. No waiting tor signs just go in for it and ask her out.

Do you agree or disagree?

Most Helpful Girl

• yes.. just do it.. what bad thing can possibly happen.. she says no? you say that's cool and move on with life.. you can get over a crush faster like this.. and you don't waste time and probably find someone better than her for you.. but if you had kept on waiting for ''signs'' who knows how many girls you have ignored who could've taken her place..

Most Helpful Guy

• Easier said than done but I do think its good advice.

Just going for it prevents you from wasting time and getting overly invested into a person only for them to reject you. The longer you wait the harder it will be to swallow that rejection. Also, I do believe by waiting too long to create sexual tension you cause her to see you in that passive buddy kinda way and end up hurting whatever chance you had of her ever seeing you as a lover.

What Girls Said 15

• uh... if i said yes, then i would have dealt with my own emotions a long time ago. if i said no, then id be telling people not to try for the people they love.

• I would prefer to see at least some kind of interest or I won't risk it. I didn't risk it for four years with my boyfriend cause I didn't think there was a chance 😂

• agree. i'm a fan of the straightforward approach. you let them know you're interested, and they can decide whether or not they are too. and if they are, great. if they're not, move on.

• Mm I'm not that confident lol rejection can hurt so I'd find some form of subtle signs here and there and go with them, before asking them out or whatever you know 😅

• disagree, I need at least a bit of interest

I'm not afraid of taking the first step, but I need some interest from them

• thats true haha don't be like apple and wait for a 3 year rejection!

• Just go for it since sometimes it's hard to tell if they like you or not. Best way to know is if your good at reading people.

• If you keep on looking for signs, maybe you will never get them

Either cause she is unaware of you or because she is trying to conceal her feelings for you. Girls sometimes do that.

• Yeah I agree. Some people are just not good at showing signs. If you keep waiting for them, you may never get them. As Nike says... Just do it!!

• I agree. You could potentially be waiting forever.

• absolutely agree.

• no.
    I am an arrogant bitch lol. if I can t tell she/he likes me, I ll ignore them.

• I think you should go for it

• Agree!

• I agree, don't waste your precious time people. If you wait you may end up waiting forever.

What Guys Said 15

• well it depends,

if you find someone attractive on the street, cold approach doesn't require you get any signs from them, just do it and see what happens.

if you've been liking someone for a while now it would be wise to get a feeling of how they feel about you, but if you can't help it, just go for it. whatever happens, if it doesn't work out, just hit the pass button and move on to the next girl. there is always another girl.

• I think it's a healthy dose of both, you have to take a risk, as well as look for the signs, if you don't look for at least the little signs you'd be wasting your time with someone that doesn't like you, or loosing out on someone who does.

If you don't take a risk a chance then you'll be wondering what if your entire life, and regretting not doing it when you had the chance. I took a chance like that a while back and while it didn't pan out with me and it was a roller coster to say the least, I don't regret it at all, and it led the way to something better, a good friendship and some good information for both of us.

So while the risk is sometimes worth it and sometimes not, sometimes you are rewarded with something you weren't expecting but just as good.

• I agree, a guy or girl should go for it, no point in torturing yourself, or being hurt once you found out that that crush you had moved on to someone else.

• You can force a response. Just look at someone and smile. They'll either smile back, look away quickly or pull a face. Their reaction will tell you whether they're open to being approached. Some will react as if they aren't interested because they're shy though, you just have to learn how to tell the difference.

• Yes, strongly agree. If you wait for signs that the other person likes you back, you'll either be frustrated that they don't show those signs and become anxious around them or you'll overanalyze everything they say and do.

• I would agree. Getting signs of interest is obviously ideal, but you want to take control of situations and make your own destiny, instead of waiting and waiting.

• Agree. You gain nothing by wasting time. You either go for it and win, or you go for it and lose BUT you will have at least gotten it off of your shoulders.

• It depends. In some situations, like at bars and nightclubs, sometimes you just don't have enough time to try to assess that.

Things move quickly and more often than not, you just have to go for it. This is one of the reasons whey I never liked these environments to meet women.

But, as a general rule, I want the interest to be mutual. I want her to be interested in me, same as I'm interested in her. So yeah, I usually wait. Usually. ;)

• Its a lot like jumping off a cliff and even if they don't catch you, you still have wings.

• I agree. Generally speaking, if someone is into you (or vice versa) they should go for it.

• Agree 100%

• If a girl doesn't even know you and you don't know her. There's no guarantee she'll give any recognizable sign that you'll pickup. Also, if you're nervous you're more likely to reason away any signs she would give. Or on the flip side you'll think anything is a sign lol. You're better off just going in and assume she's attracted, whether she is or not. She'll let you know if she wants you to fuck off lol. That's the "sign" you listen to.

• Nahhh.. You gotta make them fall for you first !

• Agreed

@Rescuemyheart going for it <3

• can you link the video?

• Totally disagree.

Since sadly girls don't approach I need a very, very bright green signal indicating I can approach. If it's not a clear signal I won't move in