I still have strong feelings for an old flame and he is a player - help?

So this old flame of mine from last year was a player. Like somewhat player. I knew what I was getting myself into but I turned out to really like him and he fell in love with me which was unexpected. I left though. I figured that his playish behavior would hurt me in the end and ugh there were some misunderstandings. He was a mess then jumped right into another relationship which was a clear sign to me that we would never happen, I was kind of hoping we would end up somehow.. He was still interested in me though but I ignored him (I acted completely uninterested) because hello he had a girlfriend? And I respect that. I dated other guys but never clicked as much as I did with him and I just couldn't let him go. I would catch him staring at me then I would find myself staring at him too. His relationship didn't last long and when I found out he was single I figured there might be a chance but he is already seeing another girl? Unless it's just a friend which most likely could be. It's just so annoying, every girl wants him and I don't know, maybe deep down I know I should continue trying to move on but I just don't want to. I just haven't felt that good of a connection with anyone before plus he's really gorgeous. So many girls have been turned down by him and so many girls want him, I don't want to be one of those girls but I like him!

He doesn't play girls but he is an ex player and goes from girl to girl to girl.

Most Helpful Guy

• U know what?
    Call him and ask him out coz if u don't u will live your entire life in doubt and regret that u blew him off.
    Just fckin do it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I literally to this day have almost the same exact problem. The guy that I like is a huge player, and flirt so it's hard to tell who he likes. I catch him staring at me ALLLLL the time, but I found out the other day that he has a girlfriend. I have liked him for a year and I just can't get over him because when I think I am, he comes back and flirts with me. Trust me, it's hard. DONT go for him, if he really wants you, let him come to you. It's the only way not to stick your neck out and get hurt.

What Guys Said 1

• Let it go let it go continue the song please

What Girls Said 1

• Then go for him. Do it now before he gets with someone else. If he's a player he'll probably cause lots of arguments between the 2 of you though. They like to mess with girls.