Girls, do you measure your height with or without high heeled shoes?

If you are lets say 5'8 and you get asked out by a guy thats 5'9, would you be like "Am 5'8, he's 5'9, he's taller than me, so its all good"?

Or would be more inclined to think "I am 5'8 + 5 inch heels = 6'1, he's 5'9, I am 4 inches taller than him, he's too short".

Most Helpful Girl

• Without. Not only am I short, so 5in heels would get me no where near, but I also don't care. So he's a couple inches shorter when I wear heels. So what? (admittedly that rarely happens because 5ft and 5in heels are awful. The smaller the foot, the more the incline hurts). As long as a guy is at least an inch taller than me w/o heels, I'm happy... assuming I actually like him.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 15

• I measure without.
    I'd never let whether I'm taller than him or not, with/without heels, lead to my turning him down. If I turn him down and he happens to be shorter than me, that's unrelated to the rejection.

• Lol who even does that?
    I sometimes think that, if a guy is still a bit taller or same height with me when I'm wearing heels, then that's the perfect height, but I'm literally fine with anyone who's about my height.

• I measure my height without heels.
    I am 5'6.
    With heels I am 5'9 or 5'10.

• You measure without...

Height really doesn't matter.

• I'm 5'9 and I don't measure myself with heels because I dont wear heels for that reason. I don't want to be taller than the guy

• But if a guy is 5'9 than you're not taller than him, you're just not shorter, same height and all. For some reasons thats never good enough for girls. Us guys are not only expected to be taller we have to be taller and more. My all time crush happened to be 5'7 and I still wasent taller than her at 5'9. I dont think girls actually realize this.
      But this is the pressure us guys have to be live up, we have to be 6'1',6'2 ... . Its was never about just being taller, I was taller than my crush.

• 5"6 Without

• without heels.

• Without, I don't really even wear heels all that often.

• ... without but if i find out he is barely taller than me then i would probably invest in some flats lol

• I'm 5'8 without heels, I've never used heels.

• Don't wear heels.

• Personally I have never measured my height with heels on. I don't really know why you would it's not your real height anyways... :/

• Without high heel shoes. I rarely wear them anyway.

• with cause I want him to be taller than me in every case. If I wear 4 inch heels I want him to be taller by 4 inch minimum

• I respect your standards but still it sucks to hear. that One girl I had a huge crush on rejected me for being too short for her, she was 5'7 w/o shoes and I am 5'9 w/o shoes. I dont think girls realize just how much pressure they put on guys to look a certain way, as if they are the only who go through it.

• Why? Cause the girls are too shallow due to looks, height, and money? And by the way, these same girls who get treated badly then complain a lot about how all guys are assholes and jerks.

• @MyUsernameRules Yes, it for that the always complaint. In 100 guys for them maybe they have 30 guys who are datable. So they try to keep them and complain when this guys treat her bad. When In reality it's not the majority who are like that.
      I think they like men like that cause it's what their mother and what tv tell. Like how you should be and all

• With, because I want him to be a bit taller than me even when I wear heels.

What Guys Said 1

• I can't imagine anyone measure their height in any kind of footwear.