It weird to ask someone you barely know out to lunch?

This girl seems to be interested in me. She gives me surprise hugs and always wants to know what I'm doing. I asked for her number yesterday and asked her for luch today. I've only been talking to her for about two or three weeks.
It's been a few hours and she hasn't responded so I'm a little disappointed. I thought she'd be really excited.

I wish people would be clear about what they want.

Anyways am I just getting the wrong impression or could she just be really shy?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• She might be shy. You are doing it right. A lunch date is a great start and is not threatening. Keep taking the high road... be yourself... smile at her and make eye contact. I would keep trying you never know where it will end up!

What Girls Said 4

• i think she's into you. i wouldn't randomly hug guys i dont think of in that way anyways lol

• It's not weird at all. Just wait. She could be busy. And anyways, she could be shocked/shy.

• No, it's not weird at all. I wouldn't worry yet- I take ages to reply to my texts because I always forget, it's not always because I'm not interested in the person I'm talking to! I'd wait a day, and if she doesn't reply by then then just leave it- the ball is in her court.

• Of course it's ok in plus 2 / 3 week it's long enough. I go out eating even if I know a person only 2 days so

What Guys Said 6

• Go for it man and if she doesn't respond at first that's alright maybe she hasn't seen it yet or is busy. Life is life after all and it does not stop for man nor women. I mean she's giving you all the signs that she likes you so, you have no reason to think otherwise unless she tells you otherwise.

• It's done everyday

• Yes, it would be a little weird and normally it's not done that way.

• Give it some time and keep your composure bro you got this! 😉

• nah how else are you supposed to date her?

• Nothing wrong with that, it's good that you went for it now wait, I'll say she'll come around