Would you date a person who lives with Mom and Dad?

• No. That would be a turn-off.
  • Yes. There may be many good reasons why he/she is living with mom and dad.
  • Yes. I live mom and dad. It's nice to see someone in the same position.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have decided I am never going to date. However I would like give my view on this one.

There is nothing wrong with dating a person who lives with their mom and dad, that will not be a turnoff, but what is important is that the person, that individual should know what they want in their life, should have an independent thinking and should take their decisions independently. That person shouldn't live under their parents shadow and should stand up to them if required, should know how to say "no" to them ( when needed).

If the person is like this but they live with their parents, then it will fine, it won't be a turnoff.

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to be totally against this idea, but there are some people who have legitimate reasons for living at home with a parent. What if the parent is ill and unable to move alone? Takes courage and awesome respect for a child to be that caring. Sometimes money gets tight and people are let go from their jobs.

Now, if the person loves at home due to being lazy, being fired from his job for preventable measures, drugs, etc, then no way!

It all depends on the circumstance.

• moving back home because you got laid off isn't a legitimate excuse.

Ill/cancer yes

• plenty do it with no mommy n daddy to run back to.

ykno what happens when you he talks off? you get another job. your philosophy doesn't seem to hold anyone accountable, just circumstances beyond one's control.

• he talks offf = get laid off

What Guys Said 16

• I'm just 20 and won't date someone older than 21, so it's not unusual to find girls younger than that living with their parents, so yeah, I wouldn't mind.
    Once they're out of college, at around 22, then it'd be a turn off if she still lives with her parents.

• At least until the end of this November, where I live is still considered Obamaland. It took me four years to find a long-term job after I left college. I won't hold it against a gal who is in a similar position.

• That sounds like me. Graduated two years ago. Still unemployed. Currently enrolled in new program and looking for find money-making opportunities, even if it means selling my old stuff on Craigslist.

• When I lived by San Francisco I stopped judging people for living with parents very quickly. I mean jesus.. some of these cities are just brutal af to afford and live in. So it just depends on circumstances, but it's not a deal breaker no.

• Yes I would, long as mom and dad did not come with her on the date.. I would not care if she is still lives with her parents.. lots in this world still do.. nothing wrong with that

• Most young ones in early 20's can't afford to live alone paying for all on there own

• No. Part of being a "responsible" and "respectable" adult means living outside of your parents' purview.

• Yeah my crush is 17 and a high school senior.

• for me it depends on the reason if there is one. if they are just like living there because they can with no real intentions of moving out untill they have the chance to move in with someone else then no

• Of course I would, I don't see why not.

• Yeah, I mean most girls I'd probably consider dating are more than likely in school and still living at home like myself.

• Yeah, most people my age are still living in their parents' house. And not all of them who are independent are living well anyways; student loans, credit card bills... etc.

• Where do you live?

• I meant, what culture are you from?

• I live in USA.

• sure I would

• In my area a lot of people MY age still live with their parents

• depends on the situation

• Already have my own base of operations so it doesn't matter in the least

• Why not, it don't bother me

What Girls Said 8

• yes? i dont c why not.

• Sure.. its fine I think.. but when a guy is 30+ and living with parents.. ummm. That can be 😁😅👋

• Of course I would although it might be annoying in terms of privatesphere..

• Yeah I would. As long as he's not mooching off them.

• Of course, as long as they're being productive in some way and not just freeloading.

• Why not?

• Maybe but if he wanted to marry, he would have to move out into his own place.

• Yeah, as long as he pays his own way.