How do I stop leading this guy on and what do I do if he asks me out?

Please help me! This guy likes me.. He hangs out with all my girlfriends at lunch (friends) and we all hug and stuff and I actually kissed my friend on the cheek today (we're like that one positive vibe/love clique) but no one wanted to hug him today (infact nobody ever wants to hug him) because he's a guy (not an attractive one, i might add, he's just that one guy friend who hangs with the group of girls cuz he has no ither friends) and I felt bad and I hugged him too and now I think I'm leading him on because he won't stop wanting hugs and you can see the envy and sadness in his eyes when me and my friends hug like a giant orgy of girls... How do I stop and what should I say if he asks me out without hurting his feelings?

What Guys Said 1

• Hugging someone's isn't really called as leading someone on. I mean I am not really sure if hugging can make the other person think that you are leading them on.

May be you are overthinking about this. Hugs are fine, are you fine with hugging him? and if he is also fine with that, then it shouldn't be a problem.

What you need to do is just make sure you are being nice and polite when you interact with him.

What Girls Said 1

• My best advice is just hurt his feelings. Don't be a bitch about it but if you aren't straight with him it's going to make it harder for him to figure shit out in the long run. If he wants to date someone it doesn't help him at all to have you side step the rejection because then he isn't going to learn anything about what disinterest looks like which means he's doomed to repeat the same mistake.