I'd like to go on a date with a guy but he's not good looking. What should I do?

A few weeks ago a guy came in to my work and started flirting with me. It became quickly apparent that we had good initial conversational chemistry when we chatted for ten minutes or so during my shift.

He came to visit me again at work and I had fun talking with him. He asked me if I'd like to get a coffee with him and I said no.

He's funny, interesting, charming and confident from what I can tell but he's not good looking.

I want to say yes because I think that we'd have fun on a date but I can't get past the fact that he isn't a good looking guy at all. I'm still undecided.

What should I do? Perhaps other girls out there might be able to tell me what they'd do in this situation.

Here's a picture. It's not the best quality but it's all I have.

http://imgur.com/lV4Tpaz

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, there is nothing wrong is wanting a physically attractive person in your life, but then I hope you are not sacrificing the personality aspect of that person. Both are important.

I can understand that you are not feeling attraction towards that person and if you are not feeling any attraction towards him then you shouldn't go on a date with him. There is no point in that, nobody will be happy.

Most Helpful Girl

• What are you talking about? He's not bad looking at all. I would give him a chance even if I didn't like his looks. How would you feel if somebody you could have totally been compatible with and looks really nice passed on you because they didn't think you were hot enough? Then again if looks really matter to you that much then maybe you should save him the heart ache. I'm not trying to be rude at all, I promise. But... probably not a nice thing to do showing this guys picture online without him knowing it.
    All of my relationships haven't been the best looking guys but it was their personalities I was after and when you get to know someone you start to like their looks more and their different flaws and quirks.

What Guys Said 12

• Wtf? U want to date tom cruise or what?
    The guy looks fine, i would say go with him and see where it goes..

• Nothing wrong with that guy, Bullshit question.

• Uh there's nothing wrong with the guy he looks perfectly fine to me.

• You would like to go... Which means that you want it to happen. Just go

• Please tell him to shave

• I would say if you think you would have a good time, then go ahead and go out for coffee or whatever. Looks aren't the most important thing. It matters more how well you get along.

• Just go with him, not everybody is like george clooney. And beauty is also on the inside
    Ps: Could you please answer my questions too, I see the girl I like in 2 days again, and I am not sure what to do.
    Thank you for the effort.

• Whatever you do just don't lead him on

• Don't go attraction is important you have it or you don't

• WTF? Why would you even post his pict? It's as if you are a dude who made a girl's account so you can post your own pict so that you can read what people think about your own look.

But to answer you question, if you don't find him attractive then don't. But it almost sounded as if you are just looking for a trophy boyfriend than a real boyfriend. Seriously don't date a guy because you want to show him off to your friend, date a guy that YOU are comfortable with.

• He looks fine. You must be really shallow.

• And if this was guy saying about girl, you guys would have raged

You guys are bitter, lonely weak minded people

What Girls Said 7

• I would say, for me personally anyways, looks aren't always the best judge. I've never dated anyone based on their looks. I would try going on a date with him and see how much you really have in common, I've been friends with people I didn't find remotely attractive but once I got to know them really well suddenly they just seemed more attractive, the same way people who are super attractive but treat you awful just makes their attractiveness go down if that makes sense. I know everyone isn't me but I would say try it and see what comes out.

I would just start as friends or try going on that coffee date and see if something blossoms inside :3 I wish you luck honeybun -3-

• well if you like him i would say it wouldn't hurt to go on 1 date with him. but thats it. at the end of the date if you dont feel any different towards him dont keep wasting his time. i dont think he's a bad looking guy but opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

• I like his eyes. If you feel something for him, go on a date. It's not the end of the world and the worst thing is you get a new friend. I'd do it. It's not like he's hideous or anything.

• He looks fine to me but everybody likes something different. I would go out for a date and get to know him more and see how it goes. I always said I would never date a man with a hairy body or children and my SO has both so you never know what might happen.

• What made you date your SO in the first place?

• Something just clicked with him. Cannot explain it, I just knew he was perfect.

• omg you're high. those eyes are intense!! i love his hair too. he's gonna end up bald tho i bet xD besides, if he's funny n confident dating should be fun anyways. get over your apparently impossible standards and date him!

• Yes he is, maybe couldo hour the facial hair though that could be why your having troubles. He has gorgeous eyes though. If he's all the things you listed you shouldn't be worried about the way he looks. Looks should not matter. Go out for cofffeee with him he sounds great.

• I think he's fine. I would at least go for coffee with him. You said yourself you think you'd have fun so you should try it out!