Should I trust him after what he did?

This guy I've been dating told me yesterday he didn't see us being in a relationship long term and that he just wanted to be friends. Of course that took my by surprise because just the day before that he told me he did. We got into huge argument about via text and when I told him that if he did not see us going anywhere he should have told me as soon as he felt that way and I felt that he wasted my time, time I could have used to be getting to know other people. After tons of back forth still I stopped communication with him and the he apologized telling me he made a mistake and asked if we could discuss things in private because he feels he didn't give me a chance and how he was emotionally unavailable. I agreed to meet him and we talked and he told me he wanted to be a relationship. I'm confused and I can't tell if he's just playing a game or what. I asked him how he could go from not wanting to be with me to wanting to be with me in matter of 8 hours and he told me that everything I said to him during the argument was right and he wasn't being open to me. I'm not sure if I can emotionally invest in someone who can just change like that. I want to be with him but I also want some form of security knowing he won't just up and change his mind when he gets scared. Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd move on I mean if he doesn't know what he wants and goes back and forth about something serious like that so fast somethings wrong.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I think you're right to be wary. In my opinion, he started already thinking that he didn't want to be with you. Now, there's a chance that you MIGHT have changed his mind, but from my perspective, I think what actually happened is that through arguing he just realized he didn't want to be alone so all of a sudden he's willing to try a little bit harder to keep you around. I think it's worth asking him what he's going to do to try and be more open. Also, even if you do decide to be with him and notice that he isn't following through with what he promised, you can just leave then.

• That's the thing, I asked him why did I have to argue with him for him to come that realization that it's him and not me. As soon as I told him if he didn't see a anything long term with me then I was done. He started blowing up my phone with text and apologizing. I think you may be right him not wanting to be alone. It would be nice to believe that something I said actually made him realize how fickle he was being. It's like I can't tell if he's just telling what he thinks I want to hear or if he's being genuine. I've never questioned that until now. He wants me to give him a chance but I'm not sure I'm willingly to take that risk.

• Well, I do believe that something you said might have made him realize how fickle he was being, but I also don't think his decision to want you was for the right reasons. There's also a chance though that if you guys do get together he will realize that he does want to be with you for the right reasons, and that'll work out.

• It seems to me that he doesn't know what he wants. if i were you i would not continue this relationship. You could get hurt. Just be careful. :)