Is it a date or just friends hanging out?

So there is this guy in my English class, we don't sit together and we've never really spoken before but we are always looking at each other and smiling. We're on break now and he messaged me and asked if we could see a movie together. It's just gonna be the 2 of us and i just want to know, is it a date or just friends hanging out?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• Its hangout unless u dont get physical.
    it will turn into a date if u do kissing or sex.

• since he's often staring at you, I guess he's interested in you and likes you physically, so I guess he means it as a date :)

• balls on these people. can't ask in person eh

• I would think most would treat it like a date if you haven't hung out before.

• What do you mean if haven't hung out before? wouldn't it be the same?

• @simplyadorable Not really if it's going to see a movie unless your doing it as a group. Maybe getting together for a homework assignment or something else more visibly public. Why not ask him? Besides how can you call him a friend if you really haven't spoken before?

• ah! you mean that, okay.

Yeah, how come they haven't spoken before? They had telepathy with their eyes. hihi. Actually that is something good @DisneyGirl28 :D

• Date

What Girls Said 2

• If you've never spent time together one on one before or even done anything in a group outside class, it's probably a date.

• it looks like a date.