Break up because girlfriend is too jealous?

Wondering if guys would break up if their partner gets too jealous.. Eg asking him questions about his female friends, stalking them on social media etc..
Because my boyfriend says I'm insecure and jealous and once I got into a fight with his close female friend and he was on the verge of breaking up with me which is unfair as hell cos IM his girlfriend. Then his female friend got all upset and went up to him to cry and FAROUT man he ignored me for days and shit. We are good now, I can tell he loves me and he rarely hangs out with her, cuz we have a sleepover for 2 nights every week and he's not dodgy with social media or his phone etc when I'm with him.

Sooooo would guys break up if you got too jealous? Should I just act like I don't care and be chilled with his female friends that I think are up to no good?

Most Helpful Guy

• yes I would absolutely break up with a woman that tried to destroy my friendships. She would have one warning and if she did it again I would break up with her. the fact is if you don't trust him then you shouldn't be with him. If you think you are that worthless that he will leave you for some one else then you have self esteem issues that you need to work out. If he is with you you have to presume he wants to be with you otherwise the relationship will fall apart. You making him miserable attacking his friends and not trusting him is the best way to drive a wedge between you two. What you should do is apologize to him. admit you where wrong and then move on. Let him have his friends let him be him. The more you try to control him or who he associates with the more your going to push him away until finally he leaves you. Thats not what you want and I doubt thats what he wants. So I would suggest reigning it in and not flipping out on him over who he hangs out with.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it could very well happen here, dear.
    But to be Fair to both of you, the Road goes both ways in other ways. You could also Break if off because he is not being 'Fair' to you with having this 'Close female friend,' and it seems that he may also be putting her ahead of your own Real Rlationship at Times down the Love Lines. Two is company, Three is a Crowd.
    Sit down and get on the same Page with no Rage. Something has to give and you both need to work this out or it will go South, putting sour balls in each others' Mouth.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 9

• Yea I wouldn't date a girl if she got a problem with my female friends that I got a strict like Brother Sister relationship especially the ones that have made me the honorary uncle to their kids. (I'm honorary as its my current girlfriend whos their aunt and since we are so close the kids started calling me their uncle and it stuck.) There's better stuff to be jealous of like if a legit random girls starts hitting on me.

• Insecurity and jealousy just cause more problems and solve none. I would not want a girlfriend like that.

• Yeahhh so you would break up rather than try and fix things? What if you had a close female friend who wasn't being honest about hanging out with you eg avoided the question when I asked her and then goes up crying and making my boyfriend feel sorry for her when I find out? I mean it's bloody pathetic! Hate nice guys man

• There's nothing I can do to fix someone else's jealousy and insecurity. I wouldn't do anything to make them feel that way, so it becomes their problem. I will not change my personality or my longstanding friends, male or female just because someone is jealous. I firmly believe in the old adage, "Lovers come and go, but true friends are friends for life".

• Depends how bad/consistent it is... If it's bad/consistent, I'm not changing who I am and getting rid of friends for someone that won't trust me.

• Absolutely, clingy turns into crazy real fast.

• AHHA thanks for your comment :) so should I just act like I don't care and be cool with it?

• Be cool until he gives you a a solid reason to be jealous. If you think he's up to no good, prove it first.

• Yep. I had an ex like that, so jealous and insecure, it just showed a lack of trust in me, and it got to be too much to deal with, so I ended it.

• Hi, thanks for your comment! When you said your ex was jealous and insecure, could you give an example pls? Also, was it unnecessary jealousy or were other girls flirting with you etc?

• I have a lot of female friends, always have had. But they are only friends. She didn't like that they would come to me with problems, or that they used to give me hugs when they saw me etc, but that's how I greet people close to me, I've always been affectionate.

• I think too that there has to be boundaries too. In order for the respect of your friend and the health of your relationship. A friend of the opposite sex is always going to be different to that of the same sex. I accepted questionable behaviour from a boyfriend ( because they were friends and had always done that), and the consequences came to bit me in the bum. So I think just use your common sense!. A friend offering support in the form of a hug etc is fine, having regular sleepovers, and weekends away together isn't.

• yes I would

• There is a threshold of jealousy, if you go over that then it's a breaking up issue.

• How much jealousy is too much?

• You sound psycho, I'd be out quicker than shit.

• Umm so you would break up even though your close female friend LIED about not hanging out with you and then cried when her stupid plot was discovered? That's pathetic and nice guys are even worse.

• Yeah, you're pathetic and obviously don't trust your boyfriend, you said you stalk him on social media, you're fucked up. If you don't trust him, break up with him. Don't become a psycho jealous girlfriend.
      I like how you call me pathetic when you're the fucking stalker. It's NEVER okay to stalk someone. Get the fuck over yourself. Either learn to trust or get out.

Ps - You obviously left out a chunk of the story so we don't have anything else to go on. Fuck off you self righteous bitch.

• Hypothetically I mean. The situation seems pathetic, never did I say you were pathetic, you said it yourself. Anyway it's just personal preference. I don't like nice guys who are kind to everyone lol, it's like they need some sort of validation or something. Thanks for your comment though, I just didn't know guys would choose female friend over girlfriend that's all. well I learnt something new today

• Yeah.. I'd likely break up

• Thanks for your comment. Why though? The close female friend is friggin manipulative like crying all the bloody time where I'm upset but I don't have to friggin try and make everyone sorry for me. That's why I hate stupid nice guys who feel sorry for shit.

What Girls Said 2

• Depends on the guy... it could ruin your relationship.
    Try to understand that he loves YOU, trust him more, show him that you are okay with the fact that he has female friends, just trust him and everything will be alright. I know you probably want him all to yourself but that might drive him away. Just remember that if you pretend that you are alright with it, it might drive you crazy after some time and in the end you may break up with him. i dont know how long you've been together, but if he makes you worry so much, he's not the right guy for you ;)
    Good luck!!

• I would break up with you