Do you believe there's a difference between being jealous and being territorial?

I truly believe there is a difference, because jealousy (to me) is when you can't have what you want, so you become jealous of whoever has it. Whereas being territorial is just making it known that what's yours is yours; for example, in a relationship, it can be as simple as just a quick kiss on the lips in public, to show that you belong to each other.

What Guys Said 2

• I think there is a difference.

• I agree. That's how I've always defined it. Everyone needs to find the territorial limits that work best for their own relationship though. It's not a one size fits all kind of deal.

What Girls Said 1

• yeah, of course there's a difference between being jealous and being territorial.
    Jealousy within a relationship would be your s/o being all pissy or upset simply because you're talking with someone of the opposite sex, and perhaps being quite friendly.

Territorial actions within a relationship would be like.. your s/o telling you that you can't/shouldn't talk with a specific set of people of the opposite sex. That you can't go to a certain place which happens to have a high number of people of the opposite sex, etc.. So basically when they set ground rules or whatever, based off of the jealousy that they're feeling.