Girls, Is it true a girl won't date a guy without visible abs?

Last night I was talking with someone about how I can't find a girlfriend, I said I was lean and muscular the only downside is I don't have abs yet and the guy goes well you should go for obese women or not date

Thanks for opinions

11

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 10

• That is such bullshit... people forget about the ridiculous body image that guys have to live up to... huge arms, and shoulders, muscley legs, visible v-line and at least a six pack... I'll admit if a guy has some of that then it's an added bonus, but it's deffinitley not on my must- have list for guys... your normal just like us girls... and you don't have to look like a freaking Greek god to get our attention... more people need to realise this... I'd have no problem going out with a good looking sweet guy... WITHOUT abs

• Yeah well someone I was talking to last night that only obese girls my age would go for me at this point which really got me dejected cause I'm not obese

• Because if he does then what the fuck does he know? he's getting girls without abs... and if he doesn't then he's more than likely depressed af about his sex and dating life and trying to bring you down with him... don't listen to him, misery loves company

• Well I have had low self esteem my entire life

• Lol that's dumb. Abs are a plus for me, but not a requirement. And there are plenty of women who feel the same way, there are even some women who prefer bigger guys.

• So should I just go for obese women cause I'm 5'8 and weigh 163

• What if I have stretch marks

• Cause I back in 2007 weigh almost 230 pounds and I still have the marks on my body showing I was that big

• wtf... I just hate when girls start saying things like this... I date a guy who doesn't have abs and I am perfectly fine with it. Of course I wouldn't mind if he had abs but it's not really about how hot is a guy or is he that beautiful if u can talk with him and connect with him on some other ways. Many girls date ugly guys... It's not about the abs and look! Of course there r a lot of girls just as many as boys who just mind how the opposite sex looks but I find that really stupid... for me if I can talk to a guy and he understands me, than I am his! :) I don't say girls should totally neglect how guy looks but it's not that important.
    Hoped I helped (:

• It's true to some extent like I just see girls chasing guys with abs

• well it depends on what kind of girls you want to be your girlfriend...

• He was, I think the term is, ball busting.

• Why though

• Then find a girl your attracted to and ask her out.

• I'm scared have you seen my picture I'm very insecure about my looks

• HAhahaha no I actually don't like bulky overly muscled guys

• What would you describe me as

• oh get over yourself and stop whining the only thing wrong with you is your bad attitude it drives people away even other men. I am so sick of whiny people like you who blame everyone else when it's their bad attitude that causes their problems.

• I'm not blaming no one you never heard me say it was anyone's fault but if you wanna get into that it's my fault. I don't measure up in multiple ways of what a women would be looking for also in getting older so yeah it's not a bad attitude

• I HATE abs.

• That guy is an ass and you'd be one too if you listened to him.

• Well I have low self esteem

• So my best friend always says she wouldn't date a guy because he doesn't have a six pack. I personally don't mind as long as your healthy like I prefer lean and muscular guys as you said. It all depends on the person. Can you please have a look at my question?

• Not true, I would, I don't care what a guy looks like as long as he's kind to everyone from people he doesn't like to animals to kids. I look at a guys personality and how he treats others not whether or not he has abs.

• I do not care about abs and I am sure most girls do not.