Texting an Ex (title to short)?

Back in January the relationship I had with a guy faded away and we both mutually decided to terminate with relatively few hard feelings. We'd been dating on and off for two or so years and spent the last six months long distance which was a real challenge and one of the pivotal issues in the relationship. Is it in poor taste to text him and see how his university finals went? I have no interest in getting back together but I genuinely want to know if he got into his program of choice for next year as it was something he was really hoping for. And from what I've gathered from others, he doesn't hate my guts either and misses me. Would it be a bad idea to drop him a line and see how his academics treated him?

Most Helpful Guy

• bad idea.. leave an ex in the past.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't understand why that would be necessary but yeah, do what you want.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think so! If you guys are still on good terms it's totally cool to see how he's doing and congratulate him if he got in.

• I wouldn't do it, I was just leave it alone and let it be. An ex is an ex leave them in the past. Keep moving forward and focusing on yourself. But I mean if you want to do it.