Could you be with someone if there exs name is still tattooed on them?

How and when do you bring it up to them?

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol I'm that girl who was dumb enough to do something like that. We were 18 at the time and both decided to get our names tattooed. I can't give you much advice on that, but I do know that if I were to start dating someone new, I would definitely make it a priority to get the tattoo removed or covered with a new tattoo. I've been saying that I'll get his name covered for like two years now, but I've become such a wimp with pain! However, I would make it a priority if I started a new relationship with someone new, just out of respect to them and to the relationship. Just casually bring it up, it's always best to communicate about your feelings and thoughts! If she's understanding, I'm sure she won't get defensive in any way :) best of luck to you!

Most Helpful Guy

• The relationship wouldn't ever start, as simple as that. No explanations due.

• It surprises me how judgy people are about this. Don't judge a person on their mistakes but rather how they deal with their mistakes

• Costly and painful.

• And tattoos aren't? Point is, it's not permanent... so your argument is invalid

What Girls Said 9

• I am not parniod! haha!

• I could, but I would think that was really dumb of them (unless they had been together for ages) and I would fear they were some hopeless romantic, which I am beyond over at this point in my life.

• i'd question their judgment. but it wouldn't be a dealbreaker. i'd probably ask right off the bat. "so... who's ____?"

• I already knew it was her ex. But she doesn't talk about it when she talked about her tattoos. So I don't know how to bring it up...

• just be like... hey, i don't want to make this awkward for you, but could you tell me about *that* tattoo? *points to tattoo*

• no because they would be stupid to have it tattooed in the first place

• I don't judge people on there mistakes, I judge on how they deal with them

• ya if you want to pay $100 or more depending on how large the tattoo is. I just think that is such a stupid mistake to make. I couldn't take them seriously

• Maybe you'll grow out of being so judgmental one day, I remember when I was 18 I was a duck for know damn reason at all.. with time comes understanding...

• Well, are they working on removing it? haha
    I wouldn't wanna see my boyfriend with another girl's name tattooed on him forever.

• No, because I try not to date dumbasses. Haha

• i would ask them to remove it

• i wouldn't care

• I wouldn't fickin care

What Guys Said 7

• You can, it depends on how much your partner cares about it. You can have tattoos removed nowadays, can't you?

• A solid no.

• Yeah, it was before we met and I can't anything about it, but if our relationship get serious I would ask her to remove the tattoo.

• In the grand scheme of things, I am not sure if tattoos matter much. Permanent tattoos in general lead me question one's judgment though.

• They've got to be pretty dumb to do something like that in the first place. It wouldn't work out...

• Yep, and the first thing I'd do is when we have sex I'd cum on it, mark my territory lol

• If they have the same name LOL