Why was she bothered?

Ok so my boyfriend who I have been with for 5 years who is almost 29 im 25 by the way made a status on FB saying that family is everything. I commented saying aww babe that's so sweet and I definitely consider each other family. He got a call from his mom saying how my comment annoyed her. I dunno why because I am saying how much her son means to me and how much I love him. Why was she bothered?

Most Helpful Guy

• Makes no sense, maybe she is jealous of your relationship with her so and hasn't let go, other than that I can't see why that would bother her

• Son I meant but since your still just his girlfriend and not married to him I guess you are not technically family yet and she is very close to her son making a remark like that

• I totally agree, I was just trying to look at it from her point of view, not that it makes any sense for her to act like that, so I'm sure it bothered you with that comment. You should maybe try to get him to find out why she felt annoyed

• Yeah i am going to talk to her calmly about it and try and see

Most Helpful Girl

• Because you're NOT family. You're a girlfriend. You haven't been there his WHOLE life. you've only been apart of it for a minimum of 5 years. He's almost 29... that's a lot of years you missed out on.

• And your point is... even if we were married i still would have missed out on all those years. And while that is true the beauty of being in a long term adult committed relationship is that you have the rest of your years to them. What i don't understand is that we live together have been together a long time. I never said his family should consider me family i was implying that me and him are family to each other. Which should be a complete non issue to his mom why does she care do deeply of we view each other as family

• Lol you're stubborn, not surprised his mom doesn't like you.

• Im not stubborn. You are on insisiting you know what my own boyfriend means. Im genuinely curious what makes you think he wasn't enconpassing me since we have been together so long and wd are adults who are spending the rest of our lives together?

What Guys Said 2

• Well on the mom's defense you''re not "in" the family until you're married.

But by any means calling about it and getting so annoyed by it is quite petty indeed...

• Well that's all technical like i said we been together a verrry long time. Its not like we are two 16 year olds dating for a few months. We live together and are full grown adults. I just think she is being petty.

• That women is crazy. What you said was very sweet!

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe she feels you're over stepping your mark in regards to you being part of the family? It is very odd that she's feel this way and react like that! Especially seeing as you've been together for 5 years!

• I can't imagine that's it. Because it wasn't like she made the post about her family and i said anything her son (my long term bf) did and we consider each other family so i dont see how she can see that as over stepping bounds. It literally has nothing to do with her

• because you're not officially part of her family or her son's wife I guess.

• I never said in my response that she should consider me family. My implication was that we are family to each other.