Would you date someone with a mental disorder?

Such as but not limited to... military PTSD? If so, would you have any "ground rules" for dating?

Curve ball: What if their illness meant that at times they would take things out on you or act out in ways that show they're not thinking clearly?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the illness

What Guys Said 3

• The update is a curveball indeed - In an ideal world yes I would but then as your update states there are wider issues - I dated a girl that I felt had mental health issues (part of the problem is she wouldn't seek professional help) by the end of the relationship from stress I was physically, mentally and emotionally shattered from aspects of the relationship. It took about 2 years to physically recover, 2 + years to mentally/emotionally recover, 5 years to financially recover and 5 + years later still not sure I have spiritually recovered.

• Yes. I actually prefer it. I have a thing for helping and being supportive. So I am actually drawn to it. Different, I know.

• I'd treat the illness in the same way as an other part of their personality

What Girls Said 3

• I would. And I would try to be as supportive as possible and let him know he always has someone to talk to.

• Absolutely :)

• It depends on the disorder.