Does everyone agree all relationships and circumstances are all different?

I listen to all the advice and everyone has a different opinion for every question. Does anyone really know the answers? Relationships are as different as the people involved in them. Is there really a written set of rules?

• Do you agree all relationships are different and no one has the answers?
  • Or not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Each relationship is unique, each mind has it own set of words and way of thinking, each human being perceives the world differently.
    It's just not that easy.

What Guys Said 18

• Principles are more than methods. You can have 100 methods that all share the same principle, so if you understand that principle, which method you use really doesn't matter much.

Yes, every relationship and person is different but more than likely the same principles apply to them as well. And the advice is usually individual methods to handle their situation.

• Every relationship is different and so are the people involved, that's a given.

That said, when you're over 30, you'll be able to recognize patterns, what's important in a relationship and what makes it work or break it up.

I think it's all about the experience. ;)

• Yes, finally someone who gets it. That's why advice about how to "get girls" and all of that is just bs. It's completely situational and varies wildly from person to person.

• The fact that people do all think / rationalize things differently does change every aspect of an individual relationship

• yes every relationship and circumstances are different, i just share my opinion here and tell them that its a possibility, no one can say anything for sure sometimes because we dont know anything about the asker and the asker partner.

• Listen, you can listen to advice from others who have some insight, but ultimately, you have make your own decisions in your own relationships.

• yes, everything is different, but advice from other people whom have shared a similar experience can be worth trying or considering.

• There are constant themes through out all relationships but recognizing the quirks of each relationship is vital.

• Dating is a script everyone follows. The mores and customs were all invented before any of us existed. Marriage is the same. There are little variations in the script because of the people, as you suggest, but the structure being the same means there are going to be certain expectations and similarities among almost all relationships. And yes, there are always outliers, but that doesn't alter the general situation overall.

• Should probably answer your question - no, I don't agree. All relationships are different, but similar, just as all people are different but similar, so there are commonalities among all people as well as differences.

• All people are unique. Consequently, when you mesh two people together, they create a relationship that differs from all other relationships.
    However, there is a finite number of characteristics, traits, and personalities. that a person can have. Those characteristics, traits, and personalities can be shared amongst people. So, although no one can provide you with a perfect answer to your relationship issues, they can provide valuable insight.

• The world would be pretty boring if you could predict every relationship dynamic. I'm glad it is the way it is.

• Eveyones relationship is different. Even the circumstances, Not all people are here for money, or love for that matter.

• i feel they are all somewhat different but there are similarities that still make the questions worth asking.

• Of course nobody can give the correct, impeccable answer to every question. But everyone can try deduce.
    If I read "My boyfriend beats me, should I break up with him?" I won't start thinking: "Mh... maybe she used to beat him up too" or "Maybe she is a whore who cheat on him constantly..." I would just say "HELL YEAH AND GET HIM UNDER ARREST!" because none of my thought justified what he did!

• more similar than they are different.

• I would say that, practically, no one has all the answers. There are many different circumstances, people, etc. That said, many have experiences to draw from, and a good number of situations can be reasonably generalized.

• Accidentally clicked no but I meant to choose the first option. In a way it of is a yes or no answer though. Some things can be generalized some things are specific to the relationship. For the most part the first option is what I would pick.

• Every situation has variables... What is a constant though, are patterns, such as abuse...

What Girls Said 8

• I still think that asking for help and considering people's answers is beneficial, obviously it's best not to take someone elses opinion as better than your own concidering you are the one who is actually in the position, can see the most information, and is affected by the consequences of taking the advice or not.

• Everything is different. Each person thinks different things about different situations. However, there does tend to be common areas of agreement to base your advice on.

• Depends on their upbringing and they are often in the wrong types of relationships.

• Yes, but there are certain elements that are present in unhealthy relationships and certain ones that are present in healthy ones, so people can offer advice based on what elements they see.

• Yes, no one has all the answers. That's why I get annoyed with middle aged pink users writing walls of text. Girl, you don't know shit. You only think you do. Save your keystrokes and pull your head out of your arse.

• That is a load of crap. Saying all relationships are different is a way to say you don't understand. It's an attempt to take you out of the universality of the human condition. Sure there are aspects of a relationship that vary but the totality of the relationship is the same for everyone

• yes every relationship is different

• I agree. No relationship is the exact same as the next one.