Picking up a girl for first date?

I know that I should drive and pick up my date but should I also do the cliche walk to the door, then open the car door for her? Or basically just text her saying I'm here lol like you don't need me to walk you from the door to the car then open a door but just wondering if people still do this. Any personal experiences help too

Most Helpful Girl

• For a first date it would be cute if you did the cliche thing. Don't text her you're there, go up to the door and ring the bell. It's a small gesture but goes a long way in making her know you're elegant and caring.

If I was the one picking up a guy I'd do the same.

Most Helpful Guy

• YES!!! Be a gentleman!! Everything you think might be silly you SHOULD do! You want to do the things the other guys aren't doing so you can separate and distinguish yourself. Even helping her with her chair when she sits down on a dinner date.

What Girls Said 1

• You could text her and say your here, but at least get out of the car and open the door for her. I love when a guy does that for me, it makes an excellent first impression. It never hurts to be a gentleman!

What Guys Said 1

• Why are you lifting her