What does "im done fishing thanks" mean on a dating profile?

This guy I was starting to talk to from plenty of fish had his profile up. And as soon as we startted getting closer he started to make his profile less appealing and removed words and pictures from it. We are quite close now and out of curiosity i took a peek at his profile... there's no picture and his opening line is "done fishing thanks".

Sue me... im doing that silly analyzing thing. But how do you perceive that status?

No crude, silly responses please.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Well considering the site is "plenty of fish", I would assume he's found his fish and doesn't need the site anymore.

• Given the timing... Do you think maybe... im that fish?
      Before that status he had "not into liars only lionesses" and he knows that thats what I call myself. Unsure if that status didn't ward away the msgs and changed it to "im done fishing" to drive the point home.

• Considering the clues and the fact you say you two or close, I think it's a pretty safe bet to say you're the fish!

What Guys Said 1

• Could indicate he is not looking for another person to date, because he found you.

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe his not finding any success with it (given up) or has found someone

• I would think he's taken/ found his fish? 😅