Online stalking?

I met a guy online and exchanged a few messages, including our first names. He seemed nice. But then he poked me on facebook and I felt a bit freaked out. It felt like beimg stalked. Do you get freaked out if a someone you hardly know interacts with you in fb. Guys and girls can answer...

Most Helpful Guy

• If someone randomly sends me a fb invite, that would mean he/she decided to put my damn name in the search bar and hit enter. Probably checked out my profile for good 5 minutes, and send a friend request.

Now, that can be considered curious stalking, but it's okay I guess. I literally cannot handle stalking so your situation should be okay.

• Thanks for your reply. Yeah that's it - after half a dozen messages on a dating site and not yet met me in person he has put my name in google and checked out my profile and poked me (no friend request). I found it a bit weird, like too soon to be stalking me...

Most Helpful Girl

• It may or may not be freak out worthy, but...

check my profile and be advised that Internet stalkers can turn out to be REAL LIFE STALKERS that live close to you.

• Yes that is what I am afraid of! I mean, to fb poke me after only half a dozen messages on a dating site and not having even met face to face yet suggests he and I have different views of boundaries. I don't feel like I know him, so don't really want to be poked on fb. Or is that being over cautious?

• To be honest, that is why I go Anonymous on most of my interactions here - because when I was not Anonymous I would get guys writing sexual stuff to me. I agree there are lots of really great people here, but the small number of sleazy ones ruin it.
      I worry for the under 18s too...

• yeah, well I don't do anonymous, but I also don't have my name or pics on my profile anymore.

What Guys Said 2

• He is simply expecting a poke war xD it just a informal FB thing

• Thanks for your response. But do you think it is weird to have just a couple of message exchanges on a dating site and then he goes and looks me up on Facebook and we haven't even met yet? that is why I felt weird about it.

• not really if he figured out by your profile that its the real thing. Cause its a common thing to use ones real name as bits of profile names on dating or any social media site.

• may be he is just making fun with you
    poking on fb isn't a big deal

• thanks for your reply. But I we only exchanged half a dozen messages on a dating site and haven't met and he has clearly looked me up on fb and poked me - you don't find that a bit intrusive?

• Believe me it is not intrusive as you think
      And please don't thank those who reply to you : D

What Girls Said 1

• I don't feel freaked out, maybe he just want to chat? Is he like from your area or country?

• Thanks for your response. Yes he lives near me. I guess I just expected the chat, etc, to happen on the dating site and have him trawl the net to find me elsewhere. Like I haven't even met him face to face yet so it just felt weird... maybe it is just my age showing (I didn't grow up with Facebook and online dating was not around when I was dating last) but he is same age as me...

• Thanks for your opinion :-)

• You are welcome