If you ask someone out and they say they are busy for two weeks is it a polite rejection?

I'm just curious because of the amount of time. She said it was for some kind of performance with a group. I was hoping she'd try to make time for at least a cup of coffee or something quick like that. So is she just not very interested? Should I try after the two weeks? Oh, and should I keep texting and communicating with her? I just don't know if this was a polite rejection or her being legitimately busy.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would assume it is a rejection. Personally, i wouldn't get in touch again. If someone genuinely wants to meet up with you, then they will sacrifice time for you out of their busy schedule , and they will make the effort to meet up.

Most Helpful Guy

• In this context, yes, it is a polite rejection.

What Girls Said 1

• If it's really important she might really be busy and emotionally drained. Text her if she keeps replying, then try one more time.

What Guys Said 3

• I'd pretty much take it as such. Doesn't sound like she's interested. You can keep talking to her, just don't expect anything.

• Depends

• Yepp, it's a rejection