How do you start a relationship?

So I'm currently a junior in high school and I recently found out that my best friend (of 4 years) likes me, and after careful consideration, I've decided that I do in fact like her back and that I want to see where this could go.

My problem is I just never know how to get things going. I'm in no rush to jump into the relationship but I realize that I can't wait too long or else I'll lose her. How do I go about the start of the relationship? There is a chance she also knows that I like her back, so it's really just breaking that mutual grayzone type thinking and bringing out full honesty.

Thank you for your time and response!

Most Helpful Girl

• Well luckily for you you guys already know each other so you should be able to guess what she would want you to do. You can either wait for her to do something (you could be waiting a while) or you can just start touching her more affectionately. Tighter longer hugs. Touch her arm her hands. Maybe hold them if she likes that.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 15

• Try asking her out to a movie or something. Maybe establish a dating period before deciding on if you want to make things official.

• I think the best thing you can do without putting too much pressure on her is just to invite her to hang out and if she says yes, then hang out, and before you leave each other, organise another time and so on. When you consume someone's time, relationships just seem to happen all by themselves.

• Ask her to sit by you at lunch, or... ask her out to a movie. Tell her you think she's cute. Go out a few times before you two do much... Don't rush things "physically or sexually"... Once you kiss you will want to do more and more... suddenly this may rule your relationship... be aware!!! If she wonders why you are taking things slow... tell her you want to take things one day at a time. :)

• Just ask her out. Take her on a date. See where things go from there. Just go on some dates with her. You don't have to make anything official yet.

• You don't!

• by asking out

• Junior high schoolers are not 17. Theyre closer the 11 lol?

• He said junior "in" highschool.

• Your age in school depends on when your parent's put you into school. The junior class ranges from 16-17 year olds, with the occasional 15 year old. It doesn't make you any better or worse that you're 17 in college, but ask around your peers and you'll find you're in a minority.

• Just flirt and then the flirting will become more then flirting and then you guys will act like a couple then become a couple

• ask her out

• (y=you, h=her)
    y=hey
    h=hey, whats up?
    y=nm, hbu?
    h=same tbh
    y=you busy this weekend?
    h=no y?
    y=wanna go on a date with me?
    h=sure

• I don't know lol but it's a very good question

• Hey let's go out on a date, a real date. I like you and I know you like me

• Tell her the truth
    Easy or give it a try

• Ask her on a date, and see how things go, and if you share common interests

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 3

• Let's try:
    1. Get acquainted
    2. become superficial friends (close friends get friend zoned)
    3. Hang out together in group
    4. Ask her out one on one.
    5. Date
    6 Continue

• Ask her out on a date or two and if those both go well and you both enjoy yourself and still like each other and want to take things forward then ask her to become yours and you hers.

• The further you can fit your fist the more stratified your relationship will be. She will be begging to make that relationship sparkle.