He stopped texting to me after he learn my height?

I am planning to visit Stockholm next month and I wanted to meet someone from Stockholm at OkCupid. I We have been texting/cam for three weeks (he gave my his whatsapp and skype) I thought that we were flirting, he said that I could stay at his house while I am at Stockholm. But when he asked my height, I replied as 5'4 and he stopped to text me. I text him, he sees but does not reply. isn't it weird?

One week, still ignores me.. :/
Well, it sounds too silly and superficial. Who care height of a girl? :S

Most Helpful Guy

• That's a normal height. How long has it been? Maybe he stopped messaging for something completely unrelated to your height because I just don't think most guys would have a problem with a girl being 5'4

• 5'4 may be little short for Sweden. I didn't know his height (I didn't even look because it is completely not important) but people in Sweden is quite tall you know...

• Even still I'd be a little surprised if that was the reason.

• Me too. When I realized he is ignoring me only because of this, I get shocked. We did lots of things together (from cam), but I couldnt understand that height is such important. :S

Most Helpful Girl

• 5'4 is short for over there lol

I'm that tall and I was tiny when I was in The Netherlands (another tall country)... but I'm also tiny in my area at home cause it's like the Netherlands moved and settled here haha

Maybe he's insanely tall. Maybe he's thinking he's too tall for you. Maybe you said something else and he picked now to bow out?

• Where are you from? :D
      I dont know his height, I didn't look because I dont care :D But I think it is around 180. Well, he could say why he dont want to talk with me too. "You are too short for me" is nothing not hard to say I guess.:/
      The last thing I said was my height.

• No, but they're basically all tall so...

• have you ever rejected for your height in netherlands?

What Guys Said 9

• Lol I guess someone people take their heights seriously huh?
    Oh well you'll still have fun over there!

• Yeah. Too funny isn't it? :D

• 5'4 is a great height, wth? i'm sure it's some other reason

• not great height in sweden it seems :D

• 0|0
    • That was my reaction :D

• that's my reaction to your logic...

• he didn't text me for a week and some friends approve that it might be because of height. you know, most swedish guys have height requirements.

• I Sincerely believe it has to be another reason why he isn't texting you anymore.

• I hope so... but I heard that swedes care height.

• It's strange. I wouldn't worry about it.

• 5'4? Maybe he's just busy?

• for a week. and he see my texts.. i mean whatsapp ticks blue. :/

• Honestly if he stops talking to you after you said your height is 5'4. Let him go

• hmm... actually either if i let or not, he is gone... :D

• I really would like to believe that wasn't the reason he stopped replying to you. Otherwise it's messed up.

• Well, he may say the reason why he didn't reply. I would not be hurt. "Lola you are too short for me. I dont want a girlfriend as short as you but we can be friends." huh, I would say OK. :D

• I'm sorry this has happened to you. I hope you find someone more worthy next time :)

• Im sorry too. :D I spent my time with that shallow :/

• Actually we Swedes care height. If he is 4" or more taller than you, of course he stop flirting. But If I were him, I would tell the reason why we can date and suggest friendship.
    I think average female in Stockholm is 5"7 or 5"8.

• Would you stop texting too? :D
      well, I dont judge his preferences but he could tell me that. Stopping texting is rude.

• your height is around 163 I guess
      I am 190 and all under 177 is too short for me. I prefer +180.

• What about heels? And is it that much important for you? :O

• So now you know what it's like to be a guy

• yes it is yuck. I dont care height of guy. I mean, it is the most unimportant thing.

• I agree, women are dumb and so is that guy

• DUMB PEOPLE...
      DUMB PEOPLE ARE EVERYWHERE..

What Girls Said 7

• Then you should feel lucky he asked for your height before you actually get to Stockholm or it will be a mess. Haha, 5'4? You are talllllll for me, I am 4'11, yes way shorter than you :) oh maybe he is 5'3, that's why...

• aaah nope :D I didn't know his height but 5"3 guy sounds impossible in sweden (even i loove that height in guy because i feel like im supermodel near him)
      I was shocked when he start to ignore me because of this but one of my friend said Swedes care height too much.

• Then I am being too lucky I'm not born in Sweden... Haha. Well good luck on that, move on if he doesn't get back to you :)

• Thanks :D yeah you are lucky :3

• da fuq XD

he would block then XD I'm only 5'2

forget about him lol

• I forgot :D I can not see his pp on whatsapp, do you think he blocked?

• fuck him, they will be thousand of guys there, and way better than his superficial bitch

• hahaha thanks :D

• You're better off without him.

• lmfao well he clearly got them height requirements.

• ahahha swedes... :D they are like... girls. :D

• Probably shorter than u

• shorter than 5"4, swedish? More possible if he is a fairy :D

• swedish guys have an obsession to tall lanky woman. I have seen some okcupid profiles with height and weight requirement. Okcupid is full of shallow people. Only they care is how beautifull body you have. dont seek love in there. just move on

• aaah sister... okcupid is not for true people ;)

• Move on then. I am sure there are guys who does not care it. :)

• I hope that too :D thanks

• It sounds weird in US but dumping a short girl in Sweden is equals to dumping a fat girl in US. Swedes are obsessed with height difference (they want their girl excatly the same height with them) and some are strongly against to date with a short girl. Your height is normal, but little under average in Sweden. I think you should move on, you dont deserve such a shallow jerk.

• Wow. they care height that much? I thought he was into me and dont care my height.