How to tell if a girl wants to talk to you, and is just too shy?

There is this girl that I'm really in to, and I see her around quite a lot. I always smile and say hi to her, and occasionally I'll stop and talk with her a bit, but she never comes up to me. If I am sitting alone at the cafe for instance, she will come in and sit alone as well, even after she sees me. I'll usually go invite her to come sit with me, or just go join her, and she seems ok with it, but even though she knows I'm cool with her sitting with me she never does unless I suggest it. Whenever I see her around I am always the one to initiate conversation, she will usually smile at me and sometimes wave or say hi, but unless I stop and ask her something she will walk by and not say anything else. I find it very strange that she never initiates anything with me. I think part of it might be her culture, she is a foreigner from Europe so she might be more traditional and anti approaching, but still it feels like she doesn't want to talk to me, and she is just being nice and not rejecting me when I try to talk to her. She usually seems fine with talking to me, and asks questions and stuff, but as I said she never initiates anything so I can't figure out whether she likes talking with me, or if I am just annoying. What do I do?

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe she is simply not interested in you.

What Guys Said 1

• Bypass the "get to know" phase and ask her out for coffee or dinner.