Prom/Dating Question?

Hi! So I'm a junior in high school (not my real age displayed) I want to go to prom with this guy I work with that dosent go to my school. I have talked to him a few times in person but mostly over messaging lately because of his state championships. I thought he'd be at work this Saturday and planned on asking if he wanted to catch a movie sometime. Then if that went well see if he wanted to be my date at prom as a casual thing. He wasn't there. I really like this guy and want to get to know him better. Everyone I talk to insists that I should just message him but it just seems weird to not do it in person. I guess I'm super old fashioned. What should I do? FYI: I have never dated anyone before so I have no idea what I'm doing haha

What Guys Said 2

• You doing it in person will be better but if you don't have much time until prom ask him over text and just know you asking him to prom doesn't automatically make you guys dating

• Just message him

What Girls Said 1

• Approach him and tell him that you're interested in going to prom with him.