What do you think of southern accents?

On a girl? Do you think it's odd for a mixed girl ( black & white ) to have a strong country accent?

And where are you from?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're talking deep south Ga, Al, Ms, I hate it but a Texas accent I find adorable

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not a huge fan of southern accents, but that is just me personally. I'm from northeast United States (New Jersey) but I visit North Carolina frequently for family and they all have very strong accents. and no, I don't think that's at all strange!

• I'm from northern NJ myself and don't like how southern accents sound either... But yeah I think it makes her that much more interesting

What Guys Said 7

• (Note I'm assuming you mean southern US accents specifically, since many countries have "southern" accents of different kinds)

I don't really think much of them anymore since I live in Texas and hear them around quite often. Since it is common enough here, I have been desensitized to it I guess. I wouldn't find it odd for a mixed girl to have a country accent around either. I think it is less common to have than white people (from what I've seen), but it wouldn't strike me as odd.

• Note that I say it is less common from what I've seen probably because I've interacted with more white than black people cumulatively in my life

• Love em !! I have a country accent myself, wish more people had em, I always love listening to the little ole ladies with their southern accents. That come into my work.

• Some are cute

• Not at all. Many African Americans are Southern. Surprisingly, here in California, there is a group of descendents of "Okies" and "Arkies" who still somewhat have the pronounced Southern accent, who live from Stockton to Bakersfield.

• Nothing. I live in the South by the way.

• I think accents basically come down to where one is raised and the culture one is raised in. A friend of mine thinks southern accents are sexy. I think they are okay. Hard accents can be difficult to interpret. I don't think it's far-fetched for a mixed girl to have a strong country accent.

• what does being mixed have to do with having a southern accent?

What Girls Said 1

• Nope :) I have a very open mind and I think everyone else should too. It makes you that much more special and interesting- not "odd"