Is dating a man 18 years older than you too old?

I don't know why but I can just feel he's the one, but everyone says otherwise. I'm 24 never been married no kids. He's 42, divorced, 2 kids. He treats me like a queen and makes me feel really comfortable. I've never felt that type of security with anyone else. My parents nor my family approve of him. My brother thinks it's gross that I'm dating a man old enough to be my father. I'm trying to not let the negative comments affect me, but it gets to me. I'm very confused. Any advice please?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, my friend started going with an older guy with 3 kids and, last I heard, was still with him. She was about 24 at the time, and he was probably in his 40's. I dropped contact with her because the last time I talked to her I got the feeling she was afraid he would be jealous.

Most Helpful Girl

• Dont let opinions affect you. Age doesn't matter. If you let it negatively affect your expectations going into the relationship it will ruin your relationship. Just live and love him. he's probably much more intelligent and obviously more experienced so bring out his soft fun young sides and just live. Age is a number. It doesn't doom or determine a relationship.

What Guys Said 5

• I seriously doubt he would be open to more kids if you want children of your own. Even if he is open to more kids, does he really want to be putting a kid through college when he is in his 60's?

• Do you feel that you have more clout with him because a younger girl is more of a prize to an older guy?

• Nope grandfathers wife is 22 years younger then him

• Yes, too old.

• No my 30s I dated girls who were 18 and both are still good friends so if he makes you happy that's all that matters.

What Girls Said 2

• I wouldn't date someone who has kids or divorced or under 18.

• is he just a sugar daddy or are you a trophy wife if not then its probably alright if you love him