Would you date a feminist?

• Yes.
  • No.

Most Helpful Guy

• An egalitarian, yes. I wish all those man haters stopped hiding behind the mask of feminism act like they represent all women when they obviously don't.
    They're more concerned about their self preservation, as such. And are willing to use other unprivileged women to achieve their means. So who are the worst enemy of women? You're so called fanatic 'feminists' and I say this by personal experience. But to that end, no, I would never date a feminist.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 61

• No. They are hypocritical, hate men (litterally the entire premise of feminism is the ideological belief that men are all evil oppressors (you would have to be to treat your mother, your wife and your own daughter as nothing but objects to use and discard at your leisure)) and twist facts (litterally every statement they make is provably false from rape (men are as likely as women to be raped by women as women are to be raped by men) domestic violence (men are actually more likely to be abused by a women then a woman is by a man) to the wage gap (only three of which exist:modelling where women make significantly more money then men, porn where women make significantly more then men, and STEM fields where women recieve higher starting pay then men) and reproductive rights (of which men have none). So no, I would be very much against it.

• Why would I date a bitchy fascist, that wants privileges, advantages and bonuses without any responsibilities whatsoever, while constantly blaming own failures, inability and/or lack of desire to adapt/ to achieve something on me?

• Yes I would. I used to identify as a feminist but don't anymore as there are parts of the movement I don't like. That said, I know that many people with a wide variety of beliefs use the label and that they might well have the same beliefs as me but we just disagree about that one label.

Don't worry about other guys here. I honestly believe that most guys would date a feminist.

• Very few people take issue with the equality of the genders, they just, like myself, don't trust feminism to be an accurate judge of that equality.

• @SimonCG That's fine. Like I said, many people just disagree with the label and what it means.

• No chance in hell.
    Funny thing? They'd likely date me.
    There is a slew or articles and blog posts out there from women who write things like "10 reasons I will NEVER date another male feminist." or "Male feminists, ally, but not a mate. Why I settled for a real man."
    I have to laugh.

• i would, have, did, and married one

i consider myself a feminist... to be more exact a humanist... so i have no issue dating someone who believes the genders should be equal

• Me neither, that's why i would never touch a feminist.

• @SimonCG feminist has become a bastardized term. my wife is a feminist. she doesn't think she's better than me, deserves more than me, etc. etc

feminist is defined as the belief that women deserve equal rights and treatment as men. it's radicals who bastardize the notion to make it mean that women deserve better treatment or hate me... as unfortunately tends to happen with nearly all movements

• No way. I would never date a feminist.

• I am so fed up with feminists and the things they say.

The type of woman I would date is an egalitarian.

• No, at least from what I have seen from feminism.
    Don't get me wrong. I am all for equality. I teach the people (men & women) I work with about equality.
    But feminism is not about equality. It is much more about bullying, wanting all the pros and not willing to accept all the cons that come with it.

• It depends on what kind of feminist she was. If she was a radical, man-hating nut case who went on and on about "The Patriarchy" and was a hypocrite when it came to giving Islam a pass (because of the way women and girls are oppressed under Islam), then we wouldn't get along very well. But if she were truly an advocate for TRULY oppressed women and girls in the world then yes I could date her.

• Not a chance, with the US-feminism in mind (beyond the egalitarian agenda, which I support, they are just manly lol. If I wanted to date a man i could just be gay?)

• I'd avoid it if possible but I guess Id take it on a case by case basis.

If she's the type of girl who has a victim complex and sucks the life out of me by incessantly complaining about white cis-male privledge and "mansplaining" then Id rather stay single.

• Hells NO!! I'd rather date a single mom and I DO NOT want to date a single mom.

I prefer people with reasoning ability, not religious man hating fanatics that mental gymnastics them selves into believe their hateful ideology is somehow "good for men and women".

This is like asking if someone would want to date a person from any other radical and hateful ideology. Like take the KKK for example, most anti black racists are not members who would go form a lynching mob but they sure as shit don't do anything to stop the scum bags who do. Feminism does the same thing they just use proxy violence instead of direct violence.

• I married one. Happy choice.

• Lol, no. I rather chop my own balls off.

• as long as the sex is good, I don't mind. In principle, I agree with feminism anyway. Granted I'd be a little annoyed if she tried to build our life together around any sort of activism, but it's not like I have anything better to do..

• In the United States where I live, feminism has degenerated to a disturbing point. So no, I would probably not date a feminist.

• I am gender blind... (when it comes to equality, not sexual orientation).
    If they were also gender blind then I would be completely cool with it. If they were a "feminist" in a nature that they only cared about female rights and female promotion and special treatment, then I couldn't stand to be around them, let alone date them.

• i would have a safer time trying to huge a bear while covered in honey and fish strapped to myself while also trying to prod it with a shock rod

memesvault.com/.../Laughing-Animated-Gif-12.gif

• Probably a lot would depend on how hardcore a feminist she is and her attitude towards things but I would give her a chance.

• Not today's version which gives feminism a bad name. Today's should be called sexist, bigoted hypocrites. I believe everyone should have equal opportunity and that people's ultimate rewards be what they make of those opportunities. If a girl actually believes in equality, I'd like that. Problem is that almost none of the girls I meet you claim to be "feminists" are of that mind. They just want to have their cake and to eat it too.

• It depends a lot. Feminists are a diverse group of people, there are even sub-groups within feminism that disagree with each other all of the time.

To answer your question, I would need to know more about her beliefs.

• That word has several different meanings.
    You tell me what your definition of it is and I'll tell you yes or no.

• I wouldn't date a tumblr feminist, but that's less to do with feminism than with all the other commonalities of their kind.

But a real, lives-in-the-world feminist? Sure. Those are the ones I know and they're perfectly fine people

• Depends on the definition.
    Modern day "Femminazi" style, absolutely not.
    The old fashioned equal rights for everyone kind, of course!

• Yeah right... hahahah xD

• I actually don't give a fuck... if I like her that's that. Inside people are people.

• It depends on what you mean by "feminist". If you mean someone who believes women and men should have same rights AND CHARGES, than yes, I would, because that is egalitarianism.
    If you mean one those feminazi who thinks "rapestare" and "wadge gap" are things scientifically accurate and just want world to let hem being lazier, than no.

• Feminism has no place in western civilisations anymore. It's like dating a mentally challenged person. I'm not into that.

• yes i would. I'd have to dissect her views to see how far they go, but i'm open to dating them in general

• People's political / social/ economic / religious views don't bother me.
    I imagine
    "You like Donald trump? I like Bernie, we can't see each other anymore"
    To be similar too
    " you like mars? I like toblerone, we can't be friends anymore"

• I do not think many truly understand what the term 'feminist' means

They are just influenced by the hysteria amongst peers and the media

• More from Guys
    31

What Girls Said 11

• Yes because they believe in equal right for all people.

• I wouldn't date someone who wasn't a feminist. I don't want to be with someone who believes women are only walking baby factories.

• Yes because why would I ever want to date or even be around someone who thinks I am inferior to them and deserve less rights than them? I don't hate myself that much lol! People use the word "feminazi" because they don't want to have to think about injustice because it makes them feel guilty or have to think about awful things that happen to women and girls. I felt that way when I found out about child brides, bride burning, honour killings, fgm and breast ironing etc. It's easier to just deny it and say "well things are good enough, shut up." it's harder to get out there and face it and help people and that's what I want to do even if it is hard. My boyfriend is involved too we've campaigned to build abuse shelters for both men and women and right now we are raising money to help fund divorces and education for child brides. It's better to face reality and do something about it than to deny it because it will make you feel yucky to think about.

• Yes of course why would I wanna be dating a male chauvinist who thinks of himself as the surperior gender or a girl who thinks men are better than women and deserve more rights?
    I've never found pathetic people attractive.

• yeah, i'd want my boyfriend to believe in equal rights although the word feminist can carry some crazies along with it.

• Seeing as I am one myself, yes I would.

• Probably not

• Why did you ask this question? 😩😩😩

• It depends on what their definition of feminism is.

• Feminist? Maybe
    Feminazi? Nope

• You know a feminist is just someone who thinks woman should have the same rights as men? There's a difference between a feminist and a feminazi