Why would a girl go out of her way to tell you about her dating life when you have already explained to her that you don't want to know?

My question is pretty much summed up above. However, here is a bit of background for you. Basically I am asking to get an independent opinion from people who don't know either of us.

I want to start off by pointing out that I got the impression from the beginning (when I met her 7 months ago) that she did, in fact like me. She flirted with me outrageously, touched me a lot, sent me VERY flirtatious messages and would always talk to me online when we weren't together. However, even whilst all of this was going on, she would talk to me about her dating life.

In the end, I asked her out to the cinema. We went together on a Friday evening and she made a massive effort with her hair, makeup and clothing. Everything went well, but we did not kiss or anything else of that nature, but we agreed we would do it again in the near future.

After this, she went on two dates with another guy who lived 50 miles away and told me. I had had enough by this point so I told her that I liked her. I got rejected so I took it on the chin and thought that was that. I told her clearly that I did not want to here about her dating life anymore and she agreed to not talk about it.

After this conversation she is really awkward and won't talk to me. But then Within a week, she's fine again and telling me all about her next date - dinner (she even goes so far as telling me the time and place it's at).

Fast forward two months. Today she has gone out of her way to tell me about how she spent two days with a guy she met online who lives 45 miles away. She travelled to meet him, went out for dinner, blah, blah, blah. She knows that I do not want to know. She went out of her way to tell me, as in she brought it up and told me everything I didn't want to know.

Why would she do this? Any responses would be appreciated - I'm completely lost here!

Most Helpful Girl

• That's a very interesting situation. Coming from a female perspective, she might be telling you because she wants to keep you hooked, which sounds weird, but hear me out. When someone likes you, it's a huge ego boost, and even if you don't reciprocate it's a feeling you don't want to let go of. She might be telling you about all this to make you jealous and to show you that she is desirable. It's a subtle tactic that some women use, but usually with exes. She could also just be trying to make conversation, but if that's the case it's pretty rude, especially since you specified that you didn't want to hear about it. But honestly that's pretty weird and if she keeps doing it, I'd reiterate to her that you do NOT want to hear it and it's really bothering you. Hopefully that helps.

• I did think this could be the case. I really don't know! I'm going to arrange to speak to her this week as I can't be bothered with this situation anymore. Today she wasn't just creating conversation. She went out of her way to tell me, which is unfair. She treats me like an ex. Most people think she really likes me and is trying to force me into making a move but I don't understand why she would go about it in this way. Although nothing happened between us at the cinema, she did herself up a lot to just sit in a dark room with me for an hour. One of her friends told me that when they went to the cinema a couple of weeks previously, she turned up in jeans and t shirt with her hair tied back. It all seems strange. Either way, thanks for your input! I'll most likely sit down and talk to her about everything and sort it once and for all!

What Girls Said 3

• That is really strange!! I wonder if she REALLY wants you to know indirectly that she is seeing other people or she just thinks of you as just a friend. You didn't kiss her at the movies so you could be in friend zone. Either way, if you like her then you should clearly walk away from her. She is not taking you seriously and probably won't. If she was super flirtatious off the bat then that is just her personality and doesn't mean much. Sorry, but she is not girlfriend material.

• Although nothing happened between us at the cinema, she did herself up a lot to just sit in a dark room with me for an hour. One of her friends told me that when they went to the cinema a couple of weeks previously, she turned up in jeans and t shirt with her hair tied back. It all seems strange. I really don't think I'm in the friend zone as I've never allowed myself to be. She sent me a message a few months ago saying "my idea of flirting is being as sarcastic as humanly possible and seeing if you can handle it". Either way, it's not a nice situation to be in so I think I'm going to speak to her this week and go through everything with her so I can end this for good. It's a shame as she couldve had me, but this has shown that she is not girlfriend material. Thanks for your advice!

• Well, she is very immature and playing games if she thinks that talking about other guys is going to intrigue you or something. If I like a guy but we aren't serious sometimes I go on other dates so "all my eggs aren't in one basket". But I would NEVER tell the guy I liked that, I would think that they just wouldn't take me seriously even though I do actually like them. I don't think it would make them want to commit to me, that would be twisted.

• I have already concluded that she's extremely immature and she's the sort of person that plays games. Everyone that I speak to and people who see us together think that she likes me but is trying to test me to see how much I can take before I snap. I think that today I finally reached breaking point!

• jealousy?

• On my part of hers? Why try to make somebody jealous of you if you'very already rejected them?

• Probably trying to make it crystal clear that she is not interested in dating you. Sorry!

What Guys Said 0